Videogame News
    IncGamers Member

Arcania: Gothic 4

What are your thoughts on this.I played Risen and it was ok but it just seemed all the same stuff from the Gothic series nothing new,I was already tired by the end of Gothic 3 because the stuff was no longer new(and gameworld was just too big) and I expected Risen to come up with something new instead of trying so hard to be the true 'Gothic 4'.

So my thoughts are because there are new minds behind it it will inject freshness to the series and it will probably feel less like the Gothic series than Risen but at the same time it will be something new.Skill trees have been mentioned which sounds interesting as it will give more variation on how you play.

IncGamers Member

Re: Arcania: Gothic 4

I'm looking forward to it, but I've only played Gothic 3, with the 1.74 community patch which fixes a whole bunch of problems

http://dl2.worldofplayers.de:81/dl/6...angelog_en.txt

http://www.worldofgothic.com/dl/?go=dlfile&fileid=166

IncGamers Member

Re: Arcania: Gothic 4

Theres a demo on steam for this now,downloading as I type.

Edit:
    After playing the demo Im not sure I like this game.It didn't feel new,I didn't like the main character or the voice acting it seemed poor to me.The skill system is new but only to the Gothic series.Seems like you cant swim,if you go in the sea its instant death and other water areas seem to be blocked.There was an enemy that was tedious to attack if you only used melee attack, a beetle that would bury itself to heal and only an elemental attack would bring it backup but melee attacks did a lot more damage to it,that might be there way of adding strategy to combat but really it was not fun.

What was good about it nothing really maybe the ability to roll away from attacks thats about it oh and quests have markers on the map(I know that can be a negative for some people).
    Bugs:
    When I went to sleep on a bed(which I did by accident when went to pick stuff up)I fell through it and ended up underneath the bed and then I ended up coming out of the wall when I got back up.Walking on the edge of rocks you seem to stick to the edge tombraider 1 style and have to jump to get off but it doesn't feel right even if it was intended.

Last edited by kavlor; 30-09-2010 at 07:33.