Videogame News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EVE Online

EVE Online

Well today was supposed to be the launch of the new patch, Tyrannis, but it's been put off until the 26th. I've been mining and building up my character for a long, long time now and am finally starting to train up for combat. I might even join the war effort eventually.

Watching the trailers for Tyrannis isn't helping with the whole, patience thing. Anyone else playing?

Re: EVE Online

I've heard good things about EVE online, however i'm not inclined to try it because of the monthly fee (right?)

I don't typically play games with a monthly fee but EVE let's you pay for a year in advance if you so choose. I do this at income-tax time every year which is great for me, personally. I've not found another MMO that does this yet, that could also keep my interest beyond the trial period or three months at the most.

In the past, it was hard to find a retailer that sold time cards but I think they've gotten better about it in the last couple years.

I played EvE for the first 4 years of its existence took 2 years off and went back for another year and then quit. I have nothing bad to say about it and really enjoyed the time I spent building up my character (who now likely has around 140-150 million SP). The thing I don't like about EvE is that you can't just pick it up and play it and expect to get anything out of it unless you can devote many hours a night to it. There is no 'end-game' content for casual solo players because the end-game is large scale pvp which takes hours to progress.

There is no 'end-game' content for casual solo players because the end-game is large scale pvp which takes hours to progress.
    Which is exactly why I stopped playing after about a month.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...208-Eve-Online

Yeah, basically I'm paying for a spreadsheet.

But, the idea is so cool I keep hoping one day that it will be a fun game.

I just don't have the time or patience anymore to devote every night to what I've heard is a very deep game in zero sector space at the corporation level.

Eve Online is complete garbage. It's the only MMO that doesn't hide the fact that you're paying money to work on your spare time.

I just bought eve: Tyrannis from steam with 30d gaming time, 2 euros. I think I won't be buying another month, but we'll see..

Its an amazing technical achievement.

I toy with getting into the corporate world, which is where the game actually starts. You have to get involved to "get" eve. You cant just do your own thing and expect enthralling content, but it allows you to if you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarniwoop View Post
    Its an amazing technical achievement.

I toy with getting into the corporate world, which is where the game actually starts. You have to get involved to "get" eve. You cant just do your own thing and expect enthralling content, but it allows you to if you wish.
    Great post, I couldn't have said it better myself. I've decided to start an alt, same account unfortunately, and have decided to train up a military character. My next character will be specifically for playing the market. My main was designed with mining in mind. I started cross training him and soon realised I was just torturing myself. His skills are all over the place and it just wasn't much fun anymore.

It's also given me the chance to go through the newly revamped tutorial system, career agents and the like. It's been a great experience for me so far, much better than just running mission agents with my main. In my opinion, they've really outdone themselves with this new patch. The planetary interaction is really starting to pay off for me being one jump from Jita.

I load up a hauler with the items I manufacture and usually reap the rewards there or a system nearby.