Videogame News

Which of these games should i get in May?

I am having an incredibly hard time picking what games are important to me. The games i want are Mario Galaxy 2, UFC 2010, Red Dead Redemption, and Blur. The all come out within a week of each other, and my birthday is the week after they all come out.

I cant decide which i want, this is how i feel about them:

Mario Galaxy 2: Definitely buying this one, i cant pass up a Mario game, plus i need to start playing my Wii again.

UFC 2010: I absolutely loved 2009, and my friends and i play it competively when we see each other, so this is an almost certain buy.

Red Dead: Looks insanely awesome, but i have a feeling this one will be the one that can wait.

Blur: Really addictive, my friends and i are having a blast with the demo. I am so completely sick of MW2, and i have a feeling this game MAY replace MW2, so if thats the case i will want to get it to play with friends.

I just need financial advice. I havent bought a game this year besides Fifa 10 the first week of January. Also Crackdown 2 comes out in July.

Re: Which of these games should i get in May?

What system are you looking games for :?

Keep in mind, this response is with limited knowledge, and probably has a bit of bias to it.

Mario Galaxy 2: I think this game will give you the most game for your buck. Usually in a mario game each stage has something unique to offer, and with all the stars available, I think you could be playing this for a while if you're looking to fully completing it.

UFC 2010: I can only imagine this sports game being like all other sport games in that if you've played one, you've played them all. I don't think you'll be getting much more in the 2010 version, save for perhaps a mini-game of brock lesnar getting over his intestinal problem

Red Dead: Haven't played the first one (not too much into westerns), and the second looks similar to the first. If you haven't played the first game you might want to try getting that one instead for cheap.

Blur: I have no opinion as I know nothing about it. However, sometimes demo show the best of a game, the way movie trailers will show the funniest bit of a comedy.

I am getting these for 360, with the exception of Mario Galaxy 2 obviously lol

Well, Mario Games are instant classics, thats for sure.

Haven't played UFC's or games like it so can't say.

Red Dead sure looks cool!

Blur seems like a racing game. Meh.

Well my updated decision: Buy UFC and Blur the day it comes out. I absolutely loved UFC 2009, but it had plenty of flaws, and supposedly the approached these flaws in 2010. Blur is solely to play online with friends, to keep in touch with them, plus we have put probably 6 hours into the demo alone so far, if not much more.

I am hoping to get Mario Galaxy 2 as a birthday gift from my parents, i might be asking for a bit much though. My birthday is May 30th.

Mario Galaxy 2 on Amazon comes with a $20 gaming credit. So get that and use the gaming credit on one of the other games you want. First party Nintendo games rarely drop in price, so preordering it with Amazon is likely the cheapest it will be for the foreseeable future. All the other games you listed should drop at least $20 within the first few months.

Oh thats an awesome tip, thanks man!