Videogame News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is anyone getting Battlefield: Bad Company 2?

I used to love the old Battlefield games, and Bad Company 1 was pretty decent. I played the demo to BC2 and its amazing.

Im actually excited for it, because i am sick of MW2. I am sick of the campers, i am sick of the glitchers, i am sick of the people who exploit every little thing (like marathon + lightweight + commando), and its just an irritating experience to me now. The ONLY reason i play MW2 still is because my friends play it all the time. Other than that, its hard to play that game for more than 10 minutes without getting horribly frustrated. Its a fun game, but the community completely screws it up.

I cant wait for Battlefield 2, it should be a nice change.

Diablo: IncGamers Member lone_wolf's Avatar

Re: Is anyone getting Battlefield: Bad Company 2?

will probebly pick it up after i check with a classmate of mine who pre-ordered it what he thinks. If he likes it i will get it otherwise no since we have simular taste when it comes to fps games

Isn't that true of all FPS games? (Just a question, as I never play FPS online)

Well i played the hell out of it. Campaign is stupid, honestly if you are getting this for the campaign, avoid it. I beat it, and it had absolutely nothing on Modern Warfare 2 (or any other game really).

Online is a blast, i had so much fun with it recently. But last night i actually had an awful time playing. I dont know whether its because i was having an off night, or whether its because people are finding cheap things that rack up a ton of kills. Thats the reason why i hate MW2 most times. Yesterday i just had a frustrating online experience, first i got irritated at BC2 because of the cheap ****, so i decided to play a bit of MW2 since i had friends on. I experienced the stupid commando rushers, and boosters, within the 3 matches i played. Then i had friends get on BC2, so i tried that, and it was worse than the first time.

Maybe it was just an off online experience that night. But if this keeps up i may retire from BC2 soon, because EVERYONE was exploiting the **** out of everything possible.

Bought it. Love it! Single player is meh, but multiplayer is in a league of its own. After playing with a fully destructible environment, I can't imagine going back to anything else. Being able to bring the house down around a fortified enemy squad with enough tank shelling is very satisfying.

As for exploits and cheapness, haven't seen any thus far, and I've played it a lot. Each class brings something to the table, and I have been wasted in equal parts by all classes.

EDIT:

I play primarily as an engineer, and my favorite kills so far have been the two times I've disassembled an enemy tank with my impact wrench. *ZZZzzzZZZzzz* *SCREEEEEEEEEEECH*

------------------------------------------
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

I will still continue to play my BF2, thanks ^^

Quote Originally Posted by nurman View Post
    I will still continue to play my BF2, thanks ^^
    I never owned BF2, but I played the heck out of the one-map online demo. The new destructible environment of BF:BC2 is still kickass, though.

The only things missing from BF:BC2 that are in BF2 are jets, and I sucked with them anyway so I don't mind their absence. =P

(Also, being able to take someone's dog tags if you knife them is a surprisingly brilliant move by the developer. Everyone love collectables, and sometimes I find myself passing up the "easy" method of taking someone out from a distance if I think I can sneak in and knife them. ^_^)

Quote Originally Posted by SaroDarksbane View Post
    (Also, being able to take someone's dog tags if you knife them is a surprisingly brilliant move by the developer. Everyone love collectables, and sometimes I find myself passing up the "easy" method of taking someone out from a distance if I think I can sneak in and knife them. ^_^)

They did that in BF2 sequel, 2142 ^^

Sad to say, I think you'll find this as bad as all the other online FPS games ever developed.

I play BF: 2142 - it is still a fairly recent game with times when it's almost impossible to get into a server with good ping at some times of the day. With that said, there is NO support whatsoever (I wasted my money buying the Gold Edition with the Northern Strike Expansion and can't activate it), the Ranked Servers blatantly violate the rules for Ranked Servers and people use every exploit they can get their hands on. I see the exact same **** in BF: 2142 as I did in BF and Quake III, and Quake III has been around for a looong time. Why should the dickless wonders that need an aimbot to hit anything change their ways because of a new game?

Don't waste your money. You'll buy it, play it for a few weeks and then put it down out of sheer frustration because the SP is either crap or non-existent (which is irrelevant since you can't get any unlocks in SP).

Honestly, while I agree that the amount of cheating in RPGs is an extreme annoyance, I think the FPS genre is worse. Developers have to do something, anything, or people will stop buying the games.

I haven't noticed any cheating in BF: BC2 (yet).

(I guess it's hard to say whether or not someone is cheating, but I've made enough "1 in a million" shots myself that I don't think anything of it when the same happens to me)