Videogame News
    IncGamers Member

Anyone getting Mount and Blade :Warband?

Thought the first game was brilliant and what they adding to it will only multiply the experience hopefully especially MP.I enjoyed all aspects of this game from the trading,to organising your army to being on the battlefield and the RPG elements.One of those games I dont need to wait for a review to decide wether to buy.

Re: Anyone getting Mount and Blade :Warband?

I totally shouldn't have bought Mount and Blade 1 when I bought Dragon Age: Origins. I'll play DAO and be like "WOW! This game is so graphically detailed and there are voices to the characters! Neat!".... Then Ill boot up M.a.B. and be like... "While the gameplay is fantastic, everything just feels stiff and bland."

It really does look like a great game though, and I realize I just have to spend more time with it to REALLY appreciate it.

IncGamers Member

M&B is one of those games you quickly forget about the graphics besides I believe graphics are more significant in RPGs than Strategy games as RPGs are slower paced especially a game like DAO where you can freeze the action.

IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

i've heard good things about Mount and Blade from a forum guy who plays it often. he kicks a lot of arse and tells me he has so much fun with it. ^_^

IncGamers Member

Yeah it feels different to any other game Ive played although it appears to have a lot of the same elements as 'Lord of the realms'(very old game from the Amiga days) but they are played out differently.

When your on a horse you control its direction with keyboard but its forward motion is just accelerated by the keyboard so it will keep going forward but slow down gradually when you let go(very gradual) but allows you to swipe at enemies when you swing by them.The attack from horse back is a precise thing in that you have to bend down at just the right angle but you dont click to attack but rather let go of the mouse key to attack.Weapons have different reaches as well like D2 but even more variable.

You control your troops with commands such as move forward/back 10 paces,hold position(they come to your position and hold),charge of course.You can assign the commands to specific units such as archers or horseback units,command them to mount/dismount.After each battle you upgrade your units if they've gained enough experience and collect items of the battlefield to sell.You have no control over your troops gear but you do over heros that come with you which is basically the same as your own hero.

You also get stat points that improve your char in different ways from the toughness and skill of your char to how you effect your own troops.Even your troops have the same stat points but you dont have control over them except your hero followers but you can check them out still.

Thats just some of the elements of the game theres certainly more and the sequal is adding even more,64 player MP for one(hopefully stable).

I totally used to be obsessed with Lord of the Realms. I'd draft huge armies of peasents and watch them get slaughtered by like 3 swordsmen and a pikeman =P