Videogame News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Any Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Player?

As I was snowed in for the whole weekend, I played this game nonstop for 3 days straight and fell in love with it. The campaign runs like a huge movie (not the traditional "stop-and-go" cutscenes), the game itself is so challenging (and going commando Arnold/CS style will definitely get you killed REALLY soon), and the environmental interaction is amazing.

I am dying for the next game of this series. I want to know what happened to the Russians. I want to know what happened to SOAP!!!! Isn't he like the most kick-arse video game protagonist ever? Jim Raynor, you have to take a backseat on this one.

The game got so much balls to try new things. I mean, you play a character for 50% of the game, you don't expect him to die. (apparently that was also true in modern warfare1) Playing as a massacring terrorist is the funnest thing I had done in a while (yes, I am sadistic)

(PS: pole- who actually skipped that mission for moral reasons?)

Re: Any Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Player?

Skipped for moral reasons?
    I never really understood the question when i first started the game.
    What does it do?

Quote Originally Posted by nurman View Post
    Skipped for moral reasons?
    I never really understood the question when i first started the game.
    What does it do?
    Well, I am not sure this is what you are asking, but in the mission "No Russian," there is an option after you pause to game to skip mission (you just go onto the next mission, which is Favela mission)

That mission alone got it's own wikipedia page, just google call of duty wiki and scroll down to see controversy. Personally, I find nothing wrong with that mission, but I can see why a lot of people would be offended. Just for the record, according to wiki, the mission is removed completely from the Russian version. (And apparently modified for the version of the Japanese and some other country)

As for what the mission does? You play an undercover agent who got caught up in the terrorist plot to slaughter civilians in an airport. (Not sure if I answered your question...?)

=------------------------

no other COD:MW2 players? This thread is so lonely. I figure that since this game broke like tons of market records along with 4.5 million pirated downloads, that a lot of people would have played it. (Oh and that's bit torrent downloads... I got mine some other way... muhahahahaha!) It's also by Activision, the parent company of Blizzard. No fans? For reals?

Ahh, that one.

I thought it was part of the game, why skip it ? lol

They don't ask me that when i pop GTA4 on my comp

I hate the spec op mission Snatch and Grab. (That and High Explosive)

I like it better when I am the stealth, instead of trying to un-stealth them. BARI frustrating

IncGamers Member

I recently finished the game on veteran, and I HATE how the enemy has x-ray vision and a god-sense of where you are. Realistically if you are 100 yards away, and the barrel of you .50cal barret extends past a wall, it would be a neigh impossible to see. Also, in veteran, why use silenced guns? the enemy knows where you are anyway! Silenced guns only matter on the few stealth missions.

Quote Originally Posted by and another View Post
    I recently finished the game on veteran, and I HATE how the enemy has x-ray vision and a god-sense of where you are. Realistically if you are 100 yards away, and the barrel of you .50cal barret extends past a wall, it would be a neigh impossible to see. Also, in veteran, why use silenced guns? the enemy knows where you are anyway! Silenced guns only matter on the few stealth missions.
    Haha, yea... I hate it especially in the Favela missions where they stick their arms out over the wall and shoot you with pinpoint accuracy.

As for silenced guns, I find that they have lower recoil, and I hate it that stealth won't sneak you past the 12 ghillie snipers in the Spec OP mission "Hidden."

If and when bots have god sense, that marks crappy encoding. Like my fanmade bots for CS 1.6 LOL

Well, I just completed 100% of everything there is to do in Single Player.

Spec Ops Estate Takedown, High Explosive, and Snatch and Grab (ordered from easiest to hardest) were the last few that I had to do, but nailed it one by one.

(Snatch and Grab was so wicked, it took me literally a week of repeated trying. I never want to play that mission ever again.)

Lol i still laughing from ppl in multiplayer who call me noob for :
    Killing with gl (well i can understand that)
    camping with a sniper in hardcore (maybe even that)
    but also
    Killing with AA-12 (I think iam the only one who uses this gun)
    Killing with Uzi (:/)
    Killing with Vector
    Killing with melee
    Killing with Claymore
    killing with trowing knife(:O)
    killing with m9 (xD)