Videogame News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mass Effect 2

Now that it's been out for a while, what are your impressions of Mass Effect 2?

To my mind it was an amazing game just like the first one. The ending was a bit weird and felt rushed but the world, characters and streamlined combat made it an unforgettable experience. It's like a 35-hour movie where you can influence the outcome. I find myself bored with most other games after completing it, everything seems bland in comparison.

9.5/10

Last edited by s4nder; 03-02-2010 at 12:27.

Re: Mass Effect 2

I only played a bit of the first one, it just wasnt my thing. I honestly couldnt get into that game for the life of me.

Well, since I'm a bit slow, it's taking me a while to finish it.(Like Fallout 3 did, I'm playing through again now) I missed the first ME and so far it seems to be geared towards fans of the first. Things like cut-scenes where I guess you're supposed to recognise NPC's and such, escape me. I just select those dialog choices when they appear as it helps with the history.

I'm really enjoying the game so far and I've read all the codex/journal entries trying to absorb the world of ME 2. That's probably why it's taking me so long. I bought the collector's edition and am enjoying the extra content and gear as well. I can see myself going back to check out the first title after I've completed this one.

All-in-all, I'm enjoying the game.

I think this game is a big part of why people were and still are disappointed with Star Trek Online. I know it isn't fair to compare a SP title to an MMO but wow. The environments are immersive when you dock at stations and really feel alive. The combat, oh the combat! I can't believe I missed the first game. I also believe EVE Online had a lot to do with it as well. Sure, it's an established MMO and still might not be fair to use in comparison but if you're going to do a space sim at least try.

Last edited by DoW Fanatic; 26-02-2010 at 14:29.

I finally beat the game and will probably get the first title since Impulse has a sweet deal on it. I can't wait to see what consequences my actions in ME2 will have in ME3!

I actually didn't like both of them much.
    They had very annoying bugs and the fight system seemed...cheap
    Pretty boring game with a good plot and graphics...

2.5/5

IncGamers Member

What annoying bugs I never noticed any and Ive played it right through.Also not sure what you mean by cheap explain please,yes you can freeze the action but its party based plus you could play without the freeze if you want as there was a hotbar at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by kavlor View Post
    What annoying bugs I never noticed any and Ive played it right through.Also not sure what you mean by cheap explain please,yes you can freeze the action but its party based plus you could play without the freeze if you want as there was a hotbar at the top.
    Shooting from cover was ridiculous, the AI is so damn stupid that they can't hit you when you're in cover.

Also, i had many bugs where i collided with pillars or doors or just rails near edges and got stuck on them

Also, what the hell were they thinking when they made that mineral scan? It was boring as hell!

Quote Originally Posted by nurman View Post
    Shooting from cover was ridiculous, the AI is so damn stupid that they can't hit you when you're in cover.

Also, i had many bugs where i collided with pillars or doors or just rails near edges and got stuck on them

Also, what the hell were they thinking when they made that mineral scan? It was boring as hell!
    There are still a few places you can get stuck and some mini-games that crash to desktop if you take certain actions. The mining aspect has been improved quite a bit in the lastest patch, really helps. I'm playing through for the third time now after beating it last night with a Vanguard. Still a lot of fun, lots of achievements left to do as well.

IncGamers Member omgwtfbbqpwned's Avatar

Tali <3

Quote Originally Posted by omgwtfbbqpwned View Post
    Tali <3
    I know, right?!