Videogame News

Assassin's Creed 2 snuck into my all time favorite games.

I dont have a big list of my top favorite games, i can recite probably the top 4-5, and then right after that is Assassin's Creed 2.

I think particularly for two main reasons. First one: the world in this game feels so alive, especially compared to most other games. The way the civilians behave, and interact with one another makes it feel more alive than any other game i have played. Even GTA IV tried to make the world feel like its alive, but this completely blew it all away. It really makes you feel like you're in renaissance Italy.

The second reason is how exceedingly detailed this game is in all aspects. Like i mentioned the world earlier, it has real buildings, real historical events, and down to the smallest little details. Let alone they still managed to throw in so many other things to add to the detailing of the game, like the puzzles from subject 16, those are just incredibly detailed, and add a mysterious little sub-story within the game, and try to tie it into real life history. But i just love how you can hit pause, go into the database, and there you have a ton of information based on real history.

I also really like how they fixed all of the problems from the first Assassin's Creed. Which was an amazing game, but it was flawed. I hated doing the same few side-quest just to reach a really uninteresting assassination. It was great, but flawed. This one capitalized on all of that. Almost all of the side quests in this game are fun, the main missions are really fun as well.

My only problem with the game is that i dont feel that the main story was described in good enough detail. Or maybe i just didnt catch it or didnt pay attention. But it seems like the story basically tells itself within the first hour of the game, then everything beyond that is the same exact thing for the rest of the game. But i feel like this game is not supposed to be about the story, though it could be better, its a minor flaw to me.

Plus the game is so damn long. I spent more time exploring, collecting, just messing around than playing the main story. Both are fun, but i have like 25 hours in it and i am about 75% through with the story. I normally hate collecting, but i feel like this my be the first game i ever get 1000/1000 achievement points for.

EDIT

Re: Assassin's Creed 2 snunk into my all time favorite games.

Yeah. Because GTA IV is such a great example to make the world turn alive... or rather cement, gritty reality, gray, death and decay.... Vice City was much more alive than Gta IV. And better in every single way too... story, weapons, music, main & side missions, no annoying friends to call you up every single second, good atmosphere and feel

Haven't played Creeds 2, but the first one was in the end boring & repetitive, easy at top difficulty with one hell of a flawed battlesystem, that enabled your to press x+Y or whatever to kill everything. It didn't have a good story, and I bored out after 7 hours after which I had basically played the whole game at top difficulty. The one good thing about it was the View you had eveywhere.

Now, I need to know which are at your top 5 games to know if I should take you seriously or not. Are you a casual gamer or are you old school, and actually have played Good Games from the past?

1) Diablo 2
    2) Super Mario World
    3) Super Smash Bros Brawl
    4) Conker's Bad Fur Day
    5) Assassin's Creed 2

I dunno if it would at #5 or #6, this is just off the top of my head.

And yeah i played a ton of games, lots of classics. The only area i never played too many games were Playstation games (1, 2, or 3). I just never cared for Playstation at all, so i never had one or had the desire to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer LXXVII View Post
    1) Diablo 2
    2) Super Mario World
    3) Super Smash Bros Brawl
    4) Conker's Bad Fur Day
    5) Assassin's Creed 2

I dunno if it would at #5 or #6, this is just off the top of my head.

And yeah i played a ton of games, lots of classics. The only area i never played too many games were Playstation games (1, 2, or 3). I just never cared for Playstation at all, so i never had one or had the desire to get one.
    Just ignore what I said. I am just tired and bitter in the morning.. We'll, you must've played FF7, that's a requirement. from 8 and up, the quality just drops to zero.
    Grim fandango, played? Sanitarium? Golden eye, perfect dark, Zelda: link to the past/ocarnia, Starcraft, Deus EX... just to name a few from my biased list. I could understand if these were not your type of games. There are differences as always.

I played FF7 and a few newer ones, and i personally hate Final Fantasy games now. I just cant stand them. I really enjoyed FF1-6, but anything beyond that was just too much for me.

Never playd Grim Fandango, or Sanitarium.
    I loved Goldeneye.
    Played Perfect Dark, it was fun but i loved Goldeneye way more. I over looked this one.
    Played Link to the Past, that would probably be #5 or #6 on my list.
    Played Ocarina of Time, loved it, amazing game.
    Played Starcraft, i thought it was great, but it was short lived, i was too into Diablo 2.
    Never played Deus Ex.

You haven't tried Deus Ex? GET IT, it's amazing!
    I myself enjoy all Final fantasies besides 7,9 and anything past X or x-2 (loved X, +400hours save ^^)

I actuall beat Assassin's Creed 2 yesterday. It was awesome, but it got a little too sci-fi at the end.

Then again, i didnt play this game for the story. Its still one of my favorites.