Videogame News
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Starcraft progaming

Is anyone here as nerdy as me and watch the korean proleagues.

And in that case who's you favorite player?

Somehow the concept as such is kinda intresting with a lot of ppl playing Esports for a living and even if it sounds a bit corny its not much different the playing regular sports for a living imho.

The main difference for me is that i have an easier time relating to SC then football i guess

For more info on the korean leagues in english check out www.teamliquid.net

Re: Starcraft progaming

I have a friend that is absolutely obsessed...

I just can't wait till SC2 comes out, the next wave of talented gamers comes along... and all these kids right now who spent their entire youth on video games lose their jobs and become the people that would hand me my burgers.

Nice.

I like watching SC games (pro/foreigner/amateur). I have some fantasy where I'll be able to use this saved video game research.
    That, and it's a fun game to play with friends or even against custom AI scripts.

Quote Originally Posted by razen View Post
    I have a friend that is absolutely obsessed...

I just can't wait till SC2 comes out, the next wave of talented gamers comes along... and all these kids right now who spent their entire youth on video games lose their jobs and become the people that would hand me my burgers.

Nice.
    Yes, you will suddenly rise above and eat your fast food hamburger?

Quote Originally Posted by MYK View Post
    Yes, you will suddenly rise above and eat your fast food hamburger?
    OUCH!

But seriously, I don't mind games holding competition or private teams or whatever... but seriously... pro-sponsor? And you think the world is in an economic crisis and people have better use of their money...

It's just the idea that Koreans are so obsessed, it's like football in America, but they didn't invent the game.

Blah, but what do I know? I can't afford fastfood as you so elegantly put it.

IncGamers Member

Song Byung Goo/Heo Yeong Moo hwaiting.
    Samsung Khan fighting.

I like watching those games and play the custom maps.
    I refrain from normal games because is just plain suck in it

IncGamers Member TurbulentTurtle's Avatar

So.... Flash won the OSL. Thoughts?
    I loved the EVER OSL historical summary at the end, very emotional. Especially the whole Oov and Boxer thing. Man, that was a bad day for both of them. Oov even said that he never wanted to play against his hyung or win like that again.
    To be honest, I was kinda hoping for Movie to take another game off of Flash, but he's not Stork :P

Now it's Jaedong vs Flash for the MSL finals.
    3-2 Flash is my prediction.

Wow, I did not expect that outcome. What a crazy game 3 too, this pretty much proves the fact that Lee Young Ho is the Ultimate Weapon. Even though he lost that game by KESPA decision, I feel it was the right call.
    Jaedong was going on 5 gas and getting his 6th up right before the blackout, and Flash was only then getting his 3rd base, when his main and his natural were getting mined out. I'm happy as hell for Jaedong though, especially since I was rooting for him :P

Flash is a macro machine though. Damn, it was like every time Jaedong defended his 3rd, Flash would have another control group and a half of MnM ready to take the 3rd down again. I thought the 4 o' clock base that JD was getting at the time was going to get demolished, but damn that was some great control.
    I felt that Flash needed to manage his vessels a bit more though, considering they were flying ahead of his MnM way too often, thereby getting them scourged kinda easily by JD.

Great match though.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by razen View Post
    OUCH!

But seriously, I don't mind games holding competition or private teams or whatever... but seriously... pro-sponsor? And you think the world is in an economic crisis and people have better use of their money...

It's just the idea that Koreans are so obsessed, it's like football in America, but they didn't invent the game.

Blah, but what do I know? I can't afford fastfood as you so elegantly put it.

1 pro baseballplayer could cover all of these guys' salaries and you think pro starcraft is a waste of money?

liw yo hwan is my fave btw immortal marines FTW (once upon a time :( )

I love when they get Lim Yo Hwan and Hong Jin Ho together to play games, like during that one Proleague match between Ace and SKT1. It's always amazing and gets so much hype around it.
    Hong Jin Ho is so awesome, I'm still remembering that one time he took Kim Taek Yong down with those amazing slow drops on Heartbreak.