Videogame News
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hellgate London

While it was overhyped and had several bugs, why all the hating?

I got the game recently and it's a decent time killer in short bursts (30-45 minute sessions).

Re: Hellgate London

It was in a terrible state when it came out. So bad that they lost most of their players in the first 3 months and even had to shut down the servers. Do you play online ? I wonder if there are any servers left. Lst i heared, some korea company bought the rights and promised online support.

IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twoflower View Post
    It was in a terrible state when it came out. So bad that they lost most of their players in the first 3 months and even had to shut down the servers. Do you play online ? I wonder if there are any servers left. Lst i heared, some korea company bought the rights and promised online support.
    wow. i heard it was bad, but didn't know it was THAT bad. whoa.

Yeah.... it looked like fun.... however hearing the information from employees just turned me off. For instance, someone once said (would like to know if anyone has a link because I'm lazy!) that they'd talk about cars and non related information about after the release n success (haha, funny?) as opposed to the game during meetings.
    The atmosphere looked spectacular, the graphics weren't bad (reminder, previews/trailers), at it was from the same people (or some) of /diablo 2.... how could that go wrong?.... well.....

They lost most of their players for 2 reasons: they made out the game to be a MMO and it isn't; so they got a lot of flak from loltards looking for a new game to grief in.
    Secondly, said loltards couldn't get online due to the overpriced subscription charge on a game that had singleplayer.

Personally, I rarely play with other people. And normal people usually tolerate bugs anyway.

I wanted to like it so bad, but even on low settings it was so buggy my computer could barely run it. It literally took 5 minutes to load some areas. Truly a shame, some of the gameplay was very fun.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSpectrum View Post
    [...]
    The atmosphere looked spectacular, the graphics weren't bad (reminder, previews/trailers), at it was from the same people (or some) of /diablo 2.... how could that go wrong?.... well.....
    Simple answer: The necessity to rely on third parties money (and the need and ambition, to strip out off this dependencies as soon as possible). If the game would have been developed (still) under courtesy of Blizzard and the bucks behind that name, we would have had a new king on the throne of arpg.

At least that's my 2 cents.

Silverfang

The Revival project has done it justice. If you haven't already, google it.

Bought it. Got severe memory leaking and rubberbanding on top of sloppy, unfocused gameplay and bland visuals. Returned it.

That was the extent of my experience with Hellgate: London.

D3 Amazon &
    Demon Hunter Moderator

This is a nice summing up of the events that occurred up to the cancellation of the game support by Namco.

http://www.incgamers.com/Columns/44/...rn-of-hellgate

The game is coming back this year apparently. Check out our forums here

http://hellgate.incgamers.com/index.php

Rose: You're an alien? You sound like you're from the North.
    Doctor: LOTS of planets have a North!!!