Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fallout 3

IncGamers Member

Fallout 3

does anyone here play this?

if so what add on should i get

The pitt or operation anchorage

i have Mother ship zeta and Broken steel

so i wanna get an add on that gives cool items, operation anchorage will get me the chinese stealth armor and the winterized t-51b armor and the pitt will get me the auto axe and the infiltrator

Re: Fallout 3

I played Fallout 3 to death, but the problem is that i never cared to get any add-ons.

Awesome game though.

I haven't checked out The Pitt myself so I can't speak for it, but if you only care about cool items you can use the Gary 23 glitch in Operation Anchorage to get a few invincible items, in particular the Gauss Rifle and Winterized Combat Armor.

I really should get back to the wasteland myself to complete the other add-ons, my interest kinda moved to another game once I Platinum'd it :\ ...Very good game though.

EDIT: the Winterized T-51b Armor you get legitimately after completing Operation Anchorage is pretty much invincible aswell.

How long has this subforum been around and how did I miss it? At any rate, Fallout ate my soul for a while earlier this year (in a good way).

I'd initially recommend the Pitt as it seemed to be a bit more of a diversion which had a little more depth than Anchorage, but if you're after one or the other for gear it's a toss up. While the Infiltrator is a neat little stealthy weapon, I actually liked the Metal Blaster (fancy lazer rifle) as it fires nine beams per shot, which makes for some monster sneak criticals outside of V.A.T.S.

It's really a matter of preference as to which items will suite your character best: a heavy armor and weapon plus stealth suite from Anchorage or a pretty wide assortment of weapons, Autoaxe included and some raider armor from the Pitt. You might also want to look up "The Vault," it's a Fallout wiki which has a pretty complete list of gear available in the dlcs.

p.s. how is Mothership Zeta? I've been wanting to pick that up, maybe if it goes on sale for half price one of these days.

IncGamers Member

Its really fun, i mean its a lot different then the regular wastes, since u go to outer-space, you get some nice weapons aswell. The story is also very different then the main story line and the rest of the wastes, plus u get to kill aliens!!!

I think it was fun, i say get it

i think im getting the pitt

IncGamers Member

NICE

yesterday i was just roaming the wastes in hope to kill lots of raiders for the finger and then selling hhehe so then all of a sudden i hear a crash and see alien power cells on the ground, i was so happy but kind of sad since i didnt have dogmeat to go look for a weapon

when all then i look down and there it was the Firelance!!

i love it

I've been playing Fallout 3: GotY Edition quite a bit.

Currently doing the Operation Anchorage DLC.

I wasn't overly impressed with Fallout 3 until I came back to it and started a new character with all of the DLC installed, and now I'm in love with it. The Pitt in particular is exceptional, with creative visuals, interesting moral decisions that have consequence, and rewards appropriate for the effort involved. It makes much of the shipped campaign look really bad in comparison. Operation: Anchorage is great, too, but is basically a self-contained action game.

Mothership Zeta is my least favorite. Like OA it's really self-contained and has little RPG content, but unlike OA it's totally disconnected from the Fallout universe. And fighting outdoors in a group is much more interesting than fighting in a bunch of narrow corridors alone.

Last edited by Doctrinaire; 03-01-2010 at 17:24.

D3 Amazon &
    Demon Hunter Moderator

I love Fallout 3. Great game. It is Oblivion with guns. I have played The Pitt, Broken Steel and in progress on Operation Anchorage (close to done). The Pitt is a great add on and thank god for Broken Steel. The game ended in a very upsetting way and Broken Steel fixes that.

The world is a depressing one in which everything is broken and people are out for themselves. I really like the game and won't stop playing ot for some time.

Rose: You're an alien? You sound like you're from the North.
    Doctor: LOTS of planets have a North!!!

I was starting my second run through, using a bruiser build, but I've added so many add-on mods that the game became unstable. Plus my PC is at the low end of system requirements, so VATS often takes a good "two count" to even start.

Long discussion with good links on the GW OTF here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolera View Post
    when all then i look down and there it was the Firelance!!
    That's the exploding UFO random - there's ways to "farm" it with a high enough luck score, but IMO it kind of ruins the feel of the game, as does getting all the super-great stuff... Though I admit having hacked "Wanda" just because of all the assault rifles floating around. +6 Vorpal Flametounges have never been my idea of fun. Of course, taking "Strong Back" is pretty much one of my must-have perks because I run around collecting so much crap.