Videogame News

Left 4 Dead 2 anyone?

This is an impulse buy for me in a few days. I was originally going to get New Super Mario Bros Wii, but my girlfriend and i had a blast with the demo for L4D2, so thats where my money will go.

I played the original Left 4 Dead earlier this year, and i thought it was alright. I played online with one friend who isnt any fun playing coop games with at all, so i had an average experience. I was let down by the game and got bored after a few days. I downloaded the demo to give the second one a shot (since i live right near Savannah i figured this one might interest me), and my girlfriend tried it with me and she actually enjoyed it a lot, and i had a blast playing it with her. So i re-bought L4D1, we played the hell out of that the past 2 weeks, and now im getting L4D2 in a few days.

Only problem i have with L4D2 is that its basically an expansion pack marked as a sequel. It plays exactly the same way the first one did, plus new campaign, some new weapons, new characters, and thats it. L4D1 came out not even a year ago, and they are already making a sequel. That is just milking money out of the fans. Hopefully it wont turn into Guitar Hero, where everyone loved it, but they made so many people could care less anymore.

Official Diablo 3 Item Valuer KTang's Avatar

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 anyone?

Thought the first one was average, played it with my brother for a few hours before I decided 'wow this is a LOT of repitition'. I just wish they had more variety of weapons.

I heard that L4D2 wasn't what it should have been, and the first one didn't impress me as much so I don't think I'll go for it. I prefer a bit more tactical than mindless slaughter which is why Modern Warfare 2 appeals more to me But I'm sure L4D1 wasn't considered game of the year for no reason at all ^^

KT

I won't buy it*, but I will go to GameFrog and play it on four person co-op (if they ever get their Steam working).

As I have said many times before, that game must be experienced by four people at four adjacent computers to be really, truly appreciated on the highest level. Lots of Mountain Dew and very loud muzak elevates it to a zen-like state. If you can reach a zen-like state while butchering the undead, I guess.

*: I don't mean to say that it will be bad, but simply that I have not the machinery nor the money to play it the way it should be played.

IncGamers Member

I like it. (But I am a sucker for the campy zombie horror flick and I didn't play the first one.)

its a good game. few more weapons than the original, and melee weapons now (katana/machete owns).

its mostly a party game though, dont expect to get some longterm enjoyment out of it.

modern warfare 2 blows it away in every category.

Left 4 Dead 2 is awesome game now they added more content to it with dlc through steam. It will be a classic shooter for a long time.

L4D2 is one of my personal favorites. I play on Xbox if anyone wants play, hit me up and we can exchange gamertags. Anyway, when I'm not playing RPG's , I'm usually on L4D2 or MW3.

I liked killing floor more. It also has some CRAZY custom maps.

IncGamers Member

It was okay. Nearly 40 hours of play for only $5 (Steam Sale) price tag. Lack of (any) story and repetitive maps got pretty boring, definitely tightened up though when the strategy of Expert difficulty came into play. Really had to analyze the game and yourself from the get-go, figure out your weaknesses and strengths, then apply them to the game. Melee weapons were a blast, I loved chopping down zombies with my fire while crouched in a corner (unless god forbid a smoker, tank, or charger appeared out of no where.) With the Steam Workshop now integrated to the game, I can see at least another 20 hours to be squeezed out from custom campaigns (like Helms Deep or Back to School maps in particular.)

Playing as a zombie in team vs team mode is awesome I must say.