Videogame News

Thread: Guild Wars

Guild Wars

A few of the guys that are in the clan I'm in play Guild Wars. I was wondering if anyone here has played it or does play it now and what you think about the game. I ask this because I'm thinking of purchasing the game.

Banned

Re: Guild Wars

I'm not sure who plays from this board, but you can look here too: http://guildwars.incgamers.com/

Banned

some of guild wars are heavily hacked ( i mean like using hero editor )

I understand that, like most online games, people can find "hacks" to enhance their game play, but I'm still sure that it is possible to still play these games legitly.

@ Gorny, thanks for the link.

i play, enjoy GW very much. Is a great game with the "pay once and play forever"-fee.

It's good to know that it's not an MMO like WoW, but more like D2? Now I know what to ask my wife for Christmas.

Guild Wars used to be an amazing game before heroes came along. It was difficult and people had to work together. The community was great as people had to help each other out.

After heroes were implemented, everyone plays solo. With no need to rely on other people for success, the community has fallen to widespread idiocy. It's now a solo grind full of morons just like WoW. Worth a shot if you get into a good guild though.

IncGamers Member

I play GW still after having had it since it came out. I have four different accounts, with varying degrees of unlocked stuff on them. I LOVE this game.

That said, there is no hacking of GW, the way the game is set up, it doesn't happen. So personally, especially if you're willing to search for a good guild, I think that this game is an absolute awesome waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by s4nder View Post
    Guild Wars used to be an amazing game before heroes came along. It was difficult and people had to work together. The community was great as people had to help each other out.

After heroes were implemented, everyone plays solo. With no need to rely on other people for success, the community has fallen to widespread idiocy. It's now a solo grind full of morons just like WoW. Worth a shot if you get into a good guild though.
    Very very true, with a secondary problem being that the community is too thinly spread over 4 campaigns...not to mention that economy is totally out of whack (wish they'd do a reset but that's not going to happen).

*sigh*
    Back in the old days of prophecies it was such a fun and amazing game.
    I still hop in from time to time with one of my two accounts but my guild has long since gone inactive and it seems all anyone outside cares about nowadays is grinding titles.

Last I heard there was relatively little hacking in-game. There was minor bot presence (barely noticeable in one or two areas of the game) as well as one instance (afaik) of an exploit which allowed duping and which led to some bans.

Edit
    Not that I'm trying to be all negative Anet have crafted an amazing game, even considering all the aforementioned flaws. I'm pretty sure that if you hook up with a fun and active guild you'll enjoy the game immensely, the play-for-free part makes it worth to give it a shot.

Like the others ITT I think they should have stopped at Factions and not compromised their initial grind-free vision. I wouldn't buy it now but I do remember many of the 1000s of hours I spent in that game fondly.