Videogame News
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DotA

Re: DotA

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBird View Post
    Played it, hated it. It's not really the game itself, it's more the people who play it (OMFG DAH N00BZ0R L0ST 1 HP OMFGOMFGOMFGOMFG BAN HIM WAT A N0000000000B LOL HE MUST FAIL AT LIFE).
    Yeah, the biggest annoyance of dota is its not very newbie friendly, its almost impossible to get started and not to be flamed, hard to find good games too. The pub community is horrible, thats why i got a team to pub stomp them =D

And what's HON? Never heard of it. I tried League of Legends a few days ago which is advertised on this site, and didn't like it at all

Official Diablo 3 Item Valuer KTang's Avatar

Heroes of Newerth, check check check it out. It is fantastic.

KT

IncGamers Member

HoN >> DotA

I've played ToB before, was nice because it was a more newb-friendly atmosphere. Unfortunately though, I suck at these types of games, so after a few plays I gave up xD.

I used to play the RoC version a lot. I never got into the TFT version because whoever made that one went way overboard with the item recipes.

IncGamers Member

DotA is a great game, the main problem as many have already stated is that the pub community is horrible.

Theres quite a few cases of internet rage and flaming as the team as a whole is quite dependant on teamwork and playing skills of the individual heroes/players.

If you think D2/LOD players are any better just consider what would happen if team pvp was popular on bnet.
    Would newbies be popular then, dont think so.

As for the new versions dont like the HoN/LoL graphics that much.
    One is very cartoonish and the other is just trying too much and thus just makes it harder to see whats happening in team fights with all the spell effects etc.

Kinda like starcraft and starcraft 2 agreed the sc2 graphics seems nicer but if you watch a regular sc game you have a very easy time actually following whats happening, its very "servicable" graphics.

Then again as a player I put graphics quite a long way down in the list of what makes a game great .
    Gameplay balance and a host of other things above it.
    Maybe im not ALL alone here as this is a D2 forum

Nowerdays theres quite a few bot hosted games atleast in europe where the skill level is a bit lower and i guess atleast a decent place to start.
    If youre willing to put atleast some effort into learning the game its probaly one of the best pvp games out there imho.

Bought WC3/FT again just to play DotA.

In short the game is awsome the pub comunity is not.

I keep forgetting to get TFT, of course I don't want to buy a battlechest just to get it.

Official Diablo 3 Item Valuer KTang's Avatar

I'm sure you can ebay a version.

Don't bother playing with the pub community, make clan friends and play inhouse games. There are also plenty of sites which host games, although the community I must say isn't really that much better.

KT