Videogame News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DotA

DotA

Quote from wiki:
    Defense of the Ancients (DotA) is a custom scenario for the real-time strategy video game Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and its expansion, Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. The objective of the scenario is for each team to destroy the opponents' Ancients, heavily guarded structures at opposing corners of the map.As in role-playing games, players level up their hero and use gold to buy equipment during the mission.
    For those who never tried its the best and the most popular custom map for WIII TFT. More on this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defense_of_the_Ancients
    Or some videos of tournament/casual gameplay highlights:
    http://www.playdota.com/videos

Any DotA players here?

I usually play on garena

Re: DotA

I don't really like it, to me it's like any hero wars, but with many severe cases of addiction.

Banned

played it, yet i ended up disliking it.

Played it, hated it. It's not really the game itself, it's more the people who play it (OMFG DAH N00BZ0R L0ST 1 HP OMFGOMFGOMFGOMFG BAN HIM WAT A N0000000000B LOL HE MUST FAIL AT LIFE).

IncGamers Member omgwtfbbqpwned's Avatar

Been playing since SA had a ward-based ult and Void froze the entire map with his ult. Quite possibly my biggest addiction.

Sadly, with HoN out, I'm slowly losing my addiction to DotA for HoN, especially since IceFrog has stated no more big updates will be coming; only bug/balance fixes.

Official Diablo 3 Item Valuer KTang's Avatar

Been playing same as above, anyone remember Pudge and the flies and tauren army? >.>

I have also moved onto HoN, the JPN servers make due for me while I'm in China and mechanics wise it is just smoother than DoTA.

To put it like a real Dota player - it has the same problems, full of noob team mates omgWTFCALLMISSINGBLABLABAL.

Really though, they should emphasies newbie-only games.

KT

Can you play DotA without the WC3 expansion ? I only have the base game.

How good is HoN compared to DotA ?

Quote Originally Posted by Twoflower View Post
    Can you play DotA without the WC3 expansion ? I only have the base game.

How good is HoN compared to DotA ?
    Theres a non-expansion based version but it is very outdated. I'd suggest you just get the Expansion, but getting it just for Dota isn't a wise choice when HoN is already out as a closed beta.

HoN is great - the graphics are an improvement, general gameplay is smoother, 'new' heroes, changed items. Dota will always be the original but HoN is a step up only due to the change in engine.

KT

IncGamers Member omgwtfbbqpwned's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KTang View Post
    Been playing same as above, anyone remember Pudge and the flies and tauren army? >.>

I have also moved onto HoN, the JPN servers make due for me while I'm in China and mechanics wise it is just smoother than DoTA.

To put it like a real Dota player - it has the same problems, full of noob team mates omgWTFCALLMISSINGBLABLABAL.

Really though, they should emphasies newbie-only games.

KT
    The stupidest skill they ever implemented is still early LoA. Remember his chasing skill? The one that basically goes "I chase you and attack you - I don't stop until one of us dies"?

Haha, rings a bell or too. Those old versions were always horribly imbalanced, I was quite young when I played them though.

HoN has its few kinks though, scout being unbeatable in the hands of a good player.

You guys ever play Tides of Blood?

KT