Banned

Re: Star Trek Armada?

Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
    ¿que?

ten chars
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek_Armada

IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

ah. thank you. altho... the black cube looks the one in Transformers. hehe! kidding. not really. im sorry tho, i haven't played it. :/

*leaves, but keeps watch from afar.*

Banned

Gameplay:

IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

Jesus! next time warn me to turn down my speakers. nearly jumped out of my skin!

lulz.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorny View Post
    Anyone still have this/playing it?
    I still have this game after all these years. I haven't yet tried to put it on my laptop with vista though. I played it on a crap computer I had back in the day. Now that I have a new computer with win 7, I wonder though how it will handle on it. Considering this thread is more than a year old...
    Do you still play this game? Can you get it to run on your system? If so, were there any preparations you had to do to get it to run smoothly?

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfury View Post
    I still have this game after all these years. I haven't yet tried to put it on my laptop with vista though. I played it on a crap computer I had back in the day. Now that I have a new computer with win 7, I wonder though how it will handle on it.
    Well your first step should be to install and try it - just to see how your OS handles it. If you run into issues, some googling will certainly provide information and resources to help resolve problems.

I still use WinXP SP3 (Media Edition) on my computers (and don't plan to upgrade to Win7 until I purchase a new desktop next year). Over the years, I've run into my own fair share of compatibility issues with older games. Really old titles can often be fixed with minimal effort by using the DosBox emulator (which is a bit daunting to figure out if you're a newbie, but once you get the hang of fiddling with it, it's quite awesome).

With somewhat newer games, you can often find fan communities that have created their own unofficial utilities, patches, enhancements, and additional compatibility advice with a little digging. I've gotten old games like Planescape: Torment, the Baldar's Gate series, and Dungeon Keeper to run beautifully on WinXP (with additional treats like widescreen and high resolution support and graphics upgrades). I've no doubt you can find similar utilities and support for Win7 as well. Good luck!

Banned

I got it to work correctly in Win 7 by running it in Win XP Sv2 Compatibility mode.

I never picked this game up but most any game that had a diehard fanbase at one time or another usually has a dedicated community (or ten) to get the game working on newer systems. Sometimes, even better looking than the original.