Videogame News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Dragon age: Origins

simply great game, uses new engine, it got loads of blood in it, great skill sets ( well.. they only said couple ) lods of twists, and something like: what D3 should be looking to copy + paste ( maybe too harsh... )

great graphics, great plot that i ve read, and only 1 droback: you got Single Player only ( not even LAN option )

any body going to play it as well?

IncGamers Member

Re: Dragon age: Origins

I've just played it and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. It's still a great game, but compared to the hype it got and how it's meant to be a spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate (which I would put in the top 10 or even 5 games I've ever played) it's a little below expectations.

It just feels a bit too linear, at least so far. You can't explore big cities and areas the way you could in BG. You can't kill anyone that's not your enemy. It was really fun in BG that you could fight with pretty much anyone in the game and this way get some nice loot quite fast. The characters doesn't feel so deep as they felt in BG either. It just has this kind of shallowness to it that most console games suffer from. It feels more like something between Oblivion (without it's freedom) and Lords Of The Rings then any of the BG series games.

It's a nice game and I've only played couple of hours, but this is just my first impression.

Banned

okay, keep me updated please, because i was thinking that this game would be simply AWESOME, and after you saying all of this, i just wounder if i should spend my coins in it, or get my self boarderlands instead.

Bump! More reviews wanted. I am considering shifting some time to play this on PC but not comparing to BG/BG2 makes me pause.

Most reviews are in the 9/10 and 10/10 range. Looks to be a great game. Europeans have to wait two more days to get it though -.-

Banned

now i wish i fly to America and shipped it over here in single copy ( aka just for me, so i could play it )

I'm more afraid of being disappointed and how much time I would sink into it instead of unpacking at the new house. LOL I have gamer friends that would surely take it for free if I truly hated it.

Being better than BG2 will make me go get it ASAP and being only as enjoyable as BG2, I'll just wait a few weeks. It's destroying the rating charts so that almost answers the question right there..

Banned

game should be out in US now, i am just waiting till friday because of stupid publishing rights

Bought the Collector's Edition. Love it so far.

Some points:

1. Great Characters - I have a handful of party members to choose from now and I am deeply interested in them all. Haven't seen any standard fantasy cliches yet. They are all very well-developed, and they have distinct personalities. (So distinct, in fact, that I'm having difficulty juggling them all. Refusing to help someone in need might piss off Alistair, while choosing to pledge your support, by contrast, might annoy Morrigan who thinks you are wasting her time).

2. Great Lore - So much of it, all at your fingertips. The game borrows heavily from Tolkien, George Martin, and I've even detected a hint of Robert Jordan from time to time. It's all woven together very convincingly. Must. Have. More. I read every word that I can dig up.

3. Moral Decisions - Haven't seen any of the usual "Will you save the kitten from the tree or spend your time kicking puppies?" fake moral dilemmas present in so many other games these days. There are some genuinely hard choices to be made here. Tonight, in fact, I actually sat here staring at the screen for several minutes trying to ponder all angles of a particular problem to figure out what the best outcome would be. I still don't know if I made the right choice (although Alistair certainly wasn't happy with me at all). Being good is also surprisingly expensive, and requires significant sacrifice if you are trying for the best outcomes, which in my opinion sets it apart from other games where you are rewarded no matter which path you choose.

4. Difficult - I had to turn it back down to Easy tonight because Normal was kicking my ***. I don't know if it's party choice (started with a sword & board warrior), a general lack of skill on my part, or if the game is really just that hard, but every battle was brutal on Normal. Perhaps the fact that I have yet to find a healer is the cause of my problems. Time will tell, I guess.

------------------------------------------
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

I bit the bullet and ordered the collector's edition off Amazon. It will get here over the weekend and I will try to resist playing until I fully unpack, but we all know how that goes..

Thanks to all for the reviews/comments.