Videogame News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question WoW - i need help

ok srsly, sorry this has nothing to do with D3 but i dont know any other gamerelated forum

i use to play L4D / killing floor "while waiting for D3" omfg.......!
    now those games and any other out there now is just to limited.

ok to the point;
    do i need every single expansion + original
    to play 100% world of warcraft online?

"buying just original + cataclysm" would give me 100% out of gameplay?"
    would seem pretty fair?
    or will blizzard milk me on cash on all 4 expansions just so i can play 100% ?

im seriously going to get into this bull**** game now
    since we can play as werewolfs in cataclysm,
    wich i personaly find pretty cool & entertaining

i hope u can give this thread some time before deliting it
    to atleast point me in right direction

IncGamers Member

Re: WoW - i need help

I would reask your question here or ask the mods to move your thread. And I'm sorry that I can't comment on topic. Never played WoW ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfang View Post
    I would reask your question here or ask the mods to move your thread. And I'm sorry that I can't comment on topic. Never played WoW ^^
    Thankyou,

hey moderators u awesomeness makes thread magicly move ? PloxorZZ ? ^^

feel free to answer while the thread still exist

IncGamers Member

Hi!

To play the latest expansion you need the main game and the first expansion. To play the game you only need the main game, but your level is restricted to 60 and i'm pretty sure you can't make draenei or blood elf (races that came in the first expansion) or make a death knight (came in the latest expansion).

If you want to start playing wow you can buy the main game seperatedly first. You will be playing it for a while before you will need expansion for anything. If you can you could also buy a battle chest (has game and first expansion on the same box and some help guide books) as it's pretty cheap and as far as i know has some helpfull info in the books (This was said to me by a friend that bought the battle chest.) Last but not the smartest way (imho) is to buy an account from someone. You don't really need the CD/DvD at all as you can install the games from your friends discs. You could get an account for a cheap prize from some friend that has stopped playing and wants to put the last nail in to the coffin.

Everything is pretty much designed for new / casual players in wow nowadays. You get xp faster, you get mounts faster and cheaper, alot of useless stuff have been removed and such. Eaven the endgame is really casual and new player friendly. You don't eaven have to have a guild to go to play the latest raid instance and new 5 man instances drop really good loot.

Main game lasts over 24 hours for someone that rushes it trough as fast as they can pretty much no matter what. So eaven if you just buy the main game you will have alot stuff to roam trough. Tho don't really expect to get people to go low level dungeons as it's not usually an efficent way of leveling and the old players cba to go to them. Also 2 fractions / 9 classes will give you some replayability value eaven for just getting to level 60 the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Typoko View Post
    Hi!

To play the latest expansion you need the main game and the first expansion. To play the game you only need the main game, but your level is restricted to 60 and i'm pretty sure you can't make draenei or blood elf (races that came in the first expansion) or make a death knight (came in the latest expansion).

If you want to start playing wow you can buy the main game seperatedly first. You will be playing it for a while before you will need expansion for anything. If you can you could also buy a battle chest (has game and first expansion on the same box and some help guide books) as it's pretty cheap and as far as i know has some helpfull info in the books (This was said to me by a friend that bought the battle chest.) Last but not the smartest way (imho) is to buy an account from someone. You don't really need the CD/DvD at all as you can install the games from your friends discs. You could get an account for a cheap prize from some friend that has stopped playing and wants to put the last nail in to the coffin.

Everything is pretty much designed for new / casual players in wow nowadays. You get xp faster, you get mounts faster and cheaper, alot of useless stuff have been removed and such. Eaven the endgame is really casual and new player friendly. You don't eaven have to have a guild to go to play the latest raid instance and new 5 man instances drop really good loot.

Main game lasts over 24 hours for someone that rushes it trough as fast as they can pretty much no matter what. So eaven if you just buy the main game you will have alot stuff to roam trough. Tho don't really expect to get people to go low level dungeons as it's not usually an efficent way of leveling and the old players cba to go to them. Also 2 fractions / 9 classes will give you some replayability value eaven for just getting to level 60 the character.
    first i wanna tankyou for all the help and usefull information,

so all in all, my smartest choise is to buy battlechest
    wich is "the main game + burning crusade expansion"

and same time buy the latest expansion called wrath of the lich king?
    correct me if im wrong, or if there is something missing ?

do you have any good useful tips for my class choise?
    i always prefered barb in D2 "shield + fast+damage sword "tank kind"

so i see in wow there is some wery similar;
    Warrior, Paladin, Hunter & Death Knight ??

what are the differences? whats the best choise for me ?

IncGamers Member

Hi!

Quote Originally Posted by WenoM View Post
    first i wanna tankyou for all the help and usefull information,

so all in all, my smartest choise is to buy battlechest
    wich is "the main game + burning crusade expansion"

and same time buy the latest expansion called wrath of the lich king?
    correct me if im wrong, or if there is something missing ?

do you have any good useful tips for my class choise?
    i always prefered barb in D2 "shield + fast+damage sword "tank kind"

so i see in wow there is some wery similar;
    Warrior, Paladin, Hunter & Death Knight ??

what are the differences? whats the best choise for me ?
    If in the end you want to play cataclysm with a worgen here are my suggestions:

1) Yes, you will need all of the previous games. Buying the battle chest would be a great way to start it but i'm not sure if they are making those anymore. Getting it is alot better choise than getting WoW + TBC seperatedly. Tho if you just buy WoW at start you can play around with it and not to buy the rest of the games if you hate it. Tho the level 80 gaming has nothing in common with level 20 gaming as you have alot more skills so don't jump into conclusions at the start. WOtLK can be bought from any store at will so i wouldn't suggest buying it at the same time as it might get cheaper or something. You won't be needing it for anything for a while anyways. TBC is a must if you want to make Draenei (new race for alliance in TBC), but this hardly concerns your issue as you will start a new character anyways.

2) You should focus on what classes are available for worgens. Worgens can't be paladins or shamans, but they can be everything else. Paladins are pretty much only ones that can melee, use a shield and deal decent damage, but you can't play as a paladin if you are worgen so only thing you are left is a warrior for this niche. Tank warriors deal ok damage in pve, but in no means can be compared to a warrior that weilds two 2-handed weapons. This pretty much means you have drop the shield if you want to play "dps".

From this i'd say you must choose how you want to play the game. Dps or tanking? Tanks are always needed but for most people dps suits better as you don't have to focus too much for everything. When a tank dies it usually means everyone dies. When dps dies usually no-one else dies.

Classes that have anything to do with D2 barbs that can be played with worgens are warriors and death knights. Death knights can't be played if you don't have an level 80 character already. This means to practice death knights you would need to level a character to 80, then level the death knight from 55 to 80. Yeah...

3) remember that you most likely will need to make a compleatly new character when you start to play with the worgen. This means you can get ready for worgens by:

- l2p not to die all the time and to know who Hogger is
    - getting gold to buy stuff
    - get heirloom items. These items set to the level with the user and thse can be traded from one character to another in the same realm. These items are really usefull for leveling.
    - get to know people and maybe get a guild

PS: To really choos a class you have to play the game. Same with the tanking / dps. And i'm not sure if weapons/shields will eaven show on the worgens...

We have a WoW forum over at wow.incgamers.com/forums

You may wanna try there

Quote Originally Posted by Twoflower View Post
    We have a WoW forum over at wow.incgamers.com/forums

You may wanna try there
    ok so im going to keep asking super awesome questions here;
    http://wow.incgamers.com/forums/show...77#post4203977

myofibrils is my acc on wow forums now

thanks for all the help so far

Quote Originally Posted by Typoko View Post

Classes that have anything to do with D2 barbs that can be played with worgens are warriors and death knights. Death knights can't be played if you don't have an level 80 character already. This means to practice death knights you would need to level a character to 80, then level the death knight from 55 to 80. Yeah...

false. you only need a lvl 55 to create a death knight.