Videogame News
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Borderlands

IncGamers Member Ash Housewares's Avatar

Re: Borderlands

I didn't get far, it wasn't terribly interesting for me, RPGs that involve shooting never quite measure up for shooter fans or rpg fans, it just didnt do either element well enough for me to keep playing

obviously I'm the exception here, but the exceptions do exist, I think it just isnt my type of game

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Housewares View Post
    I didn't get far, it wasn't terribly interesting for me, RPGs that involve shooting never quite measure up for shooter fans or rpg fans, it just didnt do either element well enough for me to keep playing

obviously I'm the exception here, but the exceptions do exist, I think it just isnt my type of game
    you are 100% right.

the RPG element of the game feels very last minute, like it was just tacked on at the end for marketing purposes...and to make up for a very very sub par shooter.

the game is enjoyable for a while with friends, a lot like how left 4 dead 2 is. however once i hit level 50 on my main character, amazingly the game become so incredibly boring i couldnt even stand to play it again. it is so incredibly boring the second you hit max level that i would actually rather stare at a wall and watch paint dry, and im serious about that. they would have to pay ME to play the game anymore, because the game is so bad the simple manipulation of the controller feels like work.

the DLC "The zombie island of Dr. Ned" recently came out, and it was the ONLY reason that I didn't trade the game in a week after I bought it.

So I buy the DLC for 800 ms points, fire it up, and its the same exact boring missions over and over again. Nothing new, nothing imaginative at all, boring. I looked online at a couple reviews and everyone said the same thing: boring, short, unimaginative.

I ended up playing the DLC for about an hour, then the next day I went to gamestop and traded the game in for a measly $30. Pathetic.

IncGamers Member In the name of Zod's Avatar

There is a gross lack of variety on monster types imo. Yes, each monster has sub-type breakdowns but thats just not enough, there needs to be more general types to keep the game going. I don't care about the lack of item types as this can be a pain in the *** trying to organise and equip gear. This imo is one of the better facets of borderlands in that you get considerable variety in less items which makes doing comparisons one heck of a lot easier.

What will kill the game is the lack of updating and expanding [in the right direction]. Most game devs are just totally inept at this and that's understandable as games like this are huge accomplishments just getting them to market.

For people who sold this game after playing one build, well that's your bad. I think this game could supersede d2 as the next treasure-hunting-esque champion in the pack. Could, maybe, perhaps.

edit: The violence in the game rocks. It comes complete with screams of agony and enemies bodies melting and burning, heads popping, critical shots and grisly explosions. Pure ultra violence in all its colourful beauty.

IncGamers Member

Just started playing my first build (lvl6 atm.) and wanted to ask if anybody can help me with skilldecisions...

Target is a pistolusing hunter without using bloodwing. I'm now unsure which skill to target with the last 10 points: I would like to skill Fast Hands to compliment the build, but Trespass seems to be far more bang for the buck.

And there's also the question of the inbetweeners: In both cases I tend to choose the +dam-skill to reach the necessary points. But is it really the right choice, as I'll seldomly using Bloodwing or snipers anyway?

Thanks in forward for your opinions

Silverfang

Last edited by Silverfang; 27-12-2009 at 16:20.

Quote Originally Posted by In the name of Zod View Post
    For people who sold this game after playing one build, well that's your bad. I think this game could supersede d2 as the next treasure-hunting-esque champion in the pack. Could, maybe, perhaps.
    my bad? BAHAHAHAHAH you have got to be kidding.

the game was fun for a few days, then got mind-numbingly boring. i wouldnt even accept a FREE copy of the game if you tried to give it to me, and you think this game will supersede d2? rofl!

and dont think im biased against it in anyway, i love shooters, i love action rpgs. the game is great fun for a few days, then just simply sucks. thats just how it is.

IncGamers Member

Since the PC patch this month, the game has really improved. The matchmaking is now functional. I am having fun with it, but I don't play much, so only have a couple of lvl 20s.

Using Borderlands and Sacred 2 on the PS3 (just picked that up a few weeks ago) to tide me over while I wait for D3.

I didn't buy it because I didn't have internet at the time and it required a connection to install. I've been reading review after review on it and feel the need to get in my car and go buy it now.

It's alright... Played it on X360. The UI was weak, the missions were samey... but the core gameplay was fairly entertaining.

It's funny to play with a friend as a coop.
    Self play kinda sucks tho.

D3 General & D2 Newcomer Moderator
    IncGamers Site Pal

Can't stand the controls for the pc version. Maybe the console version is better, but I can't play for more than twenty minutes without getting fed up and starting to do terrible things to the dog with a fork.

OH PLEASE HELP I found out why Waldo's always hiding he did so many horrible things please let me in he's righ