Videogame News
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Borderlands - Diablo like game

To be fair, the item generation concept is trying to copy diablo.

My one problem is that to have an rpg, it's not enough to have a bunch of items. There is no mention ability and skill progress.

What I'm hoping for, is that Borderlands turns out to be what Hellgate: London should have been.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Claymenza View Post
    To be fair, the item generation concept is trying to copy diablo.

My one problem is that to have an rpg, it's not enough to have a bunch of items. There is no mention ability and skill progress.
    Maybe read some interviews/previews on the game There are 4 classes or so all with a set of abilities (no idea how many).
    I've read about it myself; could be an amusing game for a while, imo.

IncGamers Member GuardianHadriel's Avatar

itīs got a touch of cel-shading to it and i doīnt like that...and like Diablo in WHAT way??Leveling up??

I've been following Borderlands for years. Can't wait!

Don't be fooled by just the trailer. It's very much like Diablo:

-Pick one of four classes (the people), each with their own customizable abilities. For example, the Girl, lilith, can turn invisible temporarily while Mordecai, the one with the dreads, has steady aim and can heal teammates. Other stuff too.

-You wander around an open but randomized world, fighting aliens and mutants and bandits for XP and loot.

-Loot comes in the form of guns, each one randomly generated piece by piece, allowing for such monstrosities as a revolver that shoots shotgun shells, an endlessly re-spawning ice grenade, or the belt-fed automatic acid-spitting sniper rifle. Each piece, such as barrel, stock, and ammo type, ot only change the look of the gun but also its performance.

-A heavy emphasis on online co-op.

It's like Diablo. With guns. Also: Open World + Co-Op + Vehicles = Ungodly amounts of awesome.

IncGamers Member

This is like saying that a glass of beer is like a glass of milk.

They both come in a glass!

IncGamers Member

And I always thought I hated milk...

Quote Originally Posted by jacobgold View Post
    This is like saying that a glass of beer is like a glass of milk.

They both come in a glass!
    They're both liquid, too! You're on to something here.

Quote Originally Posted by Grug View Post
    I've been following Borderlands for years. Can't wait!

Don't be fooled by just the trailer. It's very much like Diablo:

-Pick one of four classes (the people), each with their own customizable abilities. For example, the Girl, lilith, can turn invisible temporarily while Mordecai, the one with the dreads, has steady aim and can heal teammates. Other stuff too.

-You wander around an open but randomized world, fighting aliens and mutants and bandits for XP and loot.

-Loot comes in the form of guns, each one randomly generated piece by piece, allowing for such monstrosities as a revolver that shoots shotgun shells, an endlessly re-spawning ice grenade, or the belt-fed automatic acid-spitting sniper rifle. Each piece, such as barrel, stock, and ammo type, ot only change the look of the gun but also its performance.

-A heavy emphasis on online co-op.

It's like Diablo. With guns. Also: Open World + Co-Op + Vehicles = Ungodly amounts of awesome.

Exactly

Like Low Key said .. this will be what Hellgate London should have been ... only x10 better XD

I also heard that you can mix and match classes skills at advanced levels .... as in mixing healing with sniping to be able to shoot healing bullets at your allies and heal them instead of damaging them.

The cell-shaded graphics and color Platte are done very nicely too (i have been following the game way before it changed graphics style .. it had typical shooter graphics but that got ditched months ago)

---------------------------------------------------------

As for the nay Sayers ... if you cared to read about it you could easily see it is very similar to diablo indeed .. only played from a differernt perspective (like Hellgate london).

IncGamers Member

I think my favorite thing about the game, instead of having "boss" mosters or "champions" you end up with "badass" monsters.

Like: Badass mutant scorpion, and Badass bandit.

I'm looking forward to this game. hopefully the gameplay is more fun than HGL (Circlestrafe and hold down left click).

this looks like hellgate:london