Videogame News
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    IncGamers Member

Re: Borderlands - Diablo like game

Wow, I'm amazed as how much trolling got into this topic!! The guy posts a genuine topic about a game that IS diablo-like and IS getting much attention lately (much more than most past diablo-clones) and just gets bashed by almost everyone on the first page... and obviously every single one of the trolls didn't have a clue about what they were talking about... ridiculous.

I just searched about borderlands on the forums because I've been tracking this game for some time and wondered if there was already some talk about it here. So let's stop with the clueless wondering if it has anything to do with Diablo, because it DOES, and talk about the game and diii similarities / differences please?

Someone has mentioned that is hoping for this game to be everything that Hellgate wasn't (it's really the first Hellgate clone). I'm also hoping for this, but Hellgate's major flaws were in the inexistent lore, silly/repetitive quests and lack of art change (in 3 hours you couldn't stand any more gray exploding barrels and brown boxes, but they kept with you forever, all the time). Borderland's has not yet shown that it'll address those issues. For me, it's just as promising as Hellgate was before launch (okay maybe a bit less because Hellgate had the BlizzNorth guys), only now I have a past experience that demands that I try it (very much) before I buy it.

I really like what I saw until now though. One interesting piece I just saw in a video was how the PvP goes. You hit your friend with a melee atack and, if he hits you back shortly, you duel and there are boundaries, like an arena. There's also other types of multiplayer besides co-op and PvP duels.

People that post "you fail" with zero logic fail btw.

It looks quite interesting. Thanks for posting the vid.

http://www.incgamers.com/Games/160/borderlands

It was the art style that first attracted me to this game.

I have a copy coming but there's a postal strike here so it probably wont' come until next week.

Funny though, I didn't think Diablo when I saw this game - just thought Mad Max or Tank Girl.

Elly - Admin,
    Diablo: IncGamers on Twitter on You Tube on Facebook
    DiabloNut.Com (Diablo 3 database) - Blue Post Tracker - Diablo3Ladders.Com

New to Diablo 3? Read this great primer.

Your beliefs don't make you a better person, you behaviour does.

I picked this game up. Visually, it is the most stunning game I've ever played. Good style always trumps realism. It oozes atmosphere and it even has some great characters, to boot. I love Scooter, he's my guy.

The gameplay is fast and very fun but this is nothing like Diablo. I still don't get that. Having randomized items does not make this a diablo-like game. There's a skill system but it's disappointingly shallow. The gameplay makes up for it and I would definitely suggest it to anyone, really. Great game. Best I've played in a long time. Online play is awful, though, so if you care about that, beware.

And Elly, there is a "Mad Mel" portion of the game which is absolutely Thunderdome.

I wont lie, i didnt play enough to get a full judgment on it.

But i played a little bit at a buddy's house, and i wasnt too impressed. Not that its a bad game, but it was so terribly overhyped that i expected it to be the best game ever made. Turns out its just good.

Then again i didnt play a lot of it.

IncGamers Member GuardianHadriel's Avatar

cel shaing sucks but i might give this one a try

Was reading reviews at amazon. Ok, for guys who hate DRM: yeah I get it, you don't like it. I'm not exactly thrilled about it either, but when you tank a game with one-star for the sole fact that it uses DRM, that ain't a useful review. The only person that would find it useful is someone who shares your particular axe for grinding.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Elly View Post
    http://www.incgamers.com/Games/160/borderlands

It was the art style that first attracted me to this game.

I have a copy coming but there's a postal strike here so it probably wont' come until next week.

Funny though, I didn't think Diablo when I saw this game - just thought Mad Max or Tank Girl.
    been told you ll get lucky if you recive your post by wedsday, post office really screwed up big time ( nor that i am blaming them, or defending, but post office in really big shambles now )

however, i was thinking of playing Dragon Age because that's RPG with every thing RPG should be, just wounder if anybody else going to play it as well? ( in that case, i should create new topic )

but Borderlands is game that goes straight after i finish dragon age ( they screwed up with multiplayer real biggie )

Quote Originally Posted by KillaMike View Post

however, i was thinking of playing Dragon Age because that's RPG with every thing RPG should be, just wounder if anybody else going to play it as well? ( in that case, i should create new topic )
    Oh Hell yes I am going to play it. I have some time set aside tomorrow just for that (I'm in the states and, for us at least, it will be out tomorrow). I've been looking forward to this for a long time and have even made a few posts about it on this site. I encourage you to make a thread about it in the "Other Games" forum.
    But I will say that there's a character creator available for download if anyone who wants to play it won't be able to get a hold of it soon.
    http://dragonage.bioware.com/toolset/ (link is in the right-hand menu)