Videogame News
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39
  1. #21
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    250

    Re: Borderlands - Diablo like game

    Quote Originally Posted by raveharu View Post
    *Stares @ 1 post*

    Trying to advertise this game eh?

    First, no it isn't, Diablo is a RPG, that is a FPS, are you blind?

    Second, this is a forum for Diablo 3, by posting it here you only made the game look bad, compared the epic awesomeness that is D3.

    Last, you fail
    Very trite response, looks especially stupid since it's come to light that it has RPG elements.



  2. #22
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    51

    Re: Borderlands - Diablo like game

    Quote Originally Posted by Rancors View Post
    this looks like hellgate:london
    To me that isn't a bad thing. Hellgate had some interesting classes and did a great job of mixing FPS with skills and loot gathering.

    That said, Borderlands doesn't interest me much if the only loot is guns.

    I totally understand why they call it a Diablo type game. Short story line, and the rest of the game is spent building your character and farming loot. I like that type of game, but to succeed, loot must consist of more than 1 billion random generated guns.

    They must have pieces of armor as well, more stuff to collect and perfect your character, besides a gun and maybe a vehicle. The fun of Diablo, Titanquest and even Hellgate games are collecting multiple armor peices to perfect your builds.

    Borderlands will fail if loot collection is only the randomized guns.

    IMHO



  3. #23
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Useast
    Posts
    1,349

    Re: Borderlands - Diablo like game

    I don't know if it actually needs armor. It all really depends on how customizable the guns are.

    If a gun has some base stats, plus 5 separate module slots that things can also be put in it to modify it further, then it could have plenty of customization.

    Anyhow, they've got 600,000 items supposedly, and that seems like a lot, even if it is just different types of combinations of stats on guns and such. Assuming few of them are completely worthless, that seems like quite a bit of variety.




  4. #24
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    At home
    Posts
    451

    Re: Borderlands - Diablo like game

    Quote Originally Posted by 5zigen View Post
    I don't know if it actually needs armor. It all really depends on how customizable the guns are.

    If a gun has some base stats, plus 5 separate module slots that things can also be put in it to modify it further, then it could have plenty of customization.

    Anyhow, they've got 600,000 items supposedly, and that seems like a lot, even if it is just different types of combinations of stats on guns and such. Assuming few of them are completely worthless, that seems like quite a bit of variety.
    The trailer states 8 billion or something like that.
    You could get a shotgun that shoots sniper bullets lit on fire (silencer included?), so it wouldn't be much of a surpise if it is true, though.



  5. #25
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Useast
    Posts
    1,349

    Re: Borderlands - Diablo like game

    Quote Originally Posted by SlechtWeerBeer View Post
    The trailer states 8 billion or something like that.
    I think they use 8 gazillion, though I doubt that's accurate ;P
    In other places they have advertised 600,000 items.




  6. #26
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    15

    Re: Borderlands - Diablo like game

    When will people learn to stop listening to prelaunch Dev bull**** and fancy trailers that have no resemblance to the game. Watch these two and tell me again you think Borderlands has any similiarities to Diablo, all it has is gear that is found in any RPG, Diablo isnt the only RPG in the world.

    Borderlands gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHJ8VudWF1o

    Hellgate gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe5cO...eature=related



  7. #27
    IncGamers Member Knight_Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    988

    Re: Borderlands - Diablo like game

    Quote Originally Posted by accelerator View Post
    When will people learn to stop listening to prelaunch Dev bull**** and fancy trailers that have no resemblance to the game. Watch these two and tell me again you think Borderlands has any similiarities to Diablo, all it has is gear that is found in any RPG, Diablo isnt the only RPG in the world.
    You apparently didn't read enough about the game .. if not at all .. go read some on-hand previews or gameplay previews or something instead of lecturing us.

    It has lots of focus on randomization.
    It has lots of focus on gear (armor, melee weapons and guns)
    It has lots of focus on character classes and skills.
    It has lots of focus on customization of weapons and skills.
    It has lots of focus on farming areas.
    It has lots of focus on 4 player co-op action (exactly like D3).

    Not similar to Diablo ... hmmm ... really !!! Need i keep going.



  8. #28
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    15

    Re: Borderlands - Diablo like game

    Quote Originally Posted by Knight_Wolf View Post
    You apparently didn't read enough about the game .. if not at all .. go read some on-hand previews or gameplay previews or something instead of lecturing us.

    It has lots of focus on randomization.
    It has lots of focus on gear (armor, melee weapons and guns)
    It has lots of focus on character classes and skills.
    It has lots of focus on customization of weapons and skills.
    It has lots of focus on farming areas.
    It has lots of focus on 4 player co-op action (exactly like D3).

    Not similar to Diablo ... hmmm ... really !!! Need i keep going.
    Like I said they say one thing, and all the vids show a generic FPS with RPG gear. Maybe gear is all that is important for you, but I expect a fast paced action packed game reminiscent of Serious Sam or Left 4 Dead when I hear Diablo. This game just seems to plod along.

    There isnt any info on what classes can do (skillswise) besides uninspired passive abilities and a general outline of a combat/soldier class, sniper/pet class, tank class and I forget the last. I believe theres not even any armour with stats, at the moment you simply have generic FPS weapons (see Hellgate for variety in FPS weapon attack styles) with randomized stats and very little additional effects (acid is one I read of, but look at HGLs phasing, ignite, shock, freeze, stun, poison from damage types that expanded on Diablo). Considering they spent a year on the graphics overhaul, surely they have a build thats a little more exciting than shooting simplistic weapons and mob dropping loot.

    The most important thing is that the moment there just isnt enough info on this game, and I probably acted too troll like in my appraisal of it, I should have been more constrained in my opinion and simply said people are hyping this game up to be something that it probably wont be at launch with their dreams of what the perfect FPS Diablo could be like.



  9. #29
    IncGamers Member Knight_Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    988

    Re: Borderlands - Diablo like game

    Quote Originally Posted by accelerator View Post
    Like I said they say one thing, and all the vids show a generic FPS with RPG gear.
    It's not what the Devs said .. it is previews by people who actually PLAYED the game.

    And they all agree it is similar to Diablo and of course Hellgate. due to the exact reasons i mentioned above.

    Not to mention better than HGL .. way better since it will also include vehicular combat and customizable vehicles.



    Quote Originally Posted by accelerator
    There isnt any info on what classes can do (skillswise) besides uninspired passive abilities and a general outline of a combat/soldier class, sniper/pet class, tank class and I forget the last.
    There is info on skills customization and classes .. not our fault you missed it .. go read some previews like i said before.

    Quote Originally Posted by accelerator
    I believe theres not even any armour with stats.
    They do have multiple armor types for players to equip .. naturally it comes with stats .. how did you even assume they don't have any stats.


    Quote Originally Posted by accelerator
    at the moment you simply have generic FPS weapons (see Hellgate for variety in FPS weapon attack styles) with randomized stats and very little additional effects (acid is one I read of, but look at HGLs phasing, ignite, shock, freeze, stun, poison from damage types that expanded on Diablo). Considering they spent a year on the graphics overhaul, surely they have a build thats a little more exciting than shooting simplistic weapons and mob dropping loot.

    What !!! ... The weapons are not simplistic in any way .. where did you get such nonsense .. there are tons of customizations, weapon types and modifiers in the game .. go read before you talk about something you don't know.

    And the game has already been in development for a long time (few years) they might as well have figured most those ideas before the graphical overhaul ... besides .. you seem to know nothing about how game development works .. the art team overhauling the game look has nothing to do with the designers adding ideas to the gameplay .. they work in parallel.

    Quote Originally Posted by accelerator
    The most important thing is that the moment there just isnt enough info on this game
    There is .. people played the game and wrote previews on it ... go read them plz.



  10. #30
    IncGamers Member ThomasJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    934

    Re: Borderlands - Diablo like game

    It is only Diablo-like because it is an item game as well. There are a tons of items you can find in the world just like Diablo. Borderlands is a fps-rpg game. Between Borderlands and Torchlight (single player) I will have more than my fill of Diablo like games until we get the best game ever in history!



Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© IncGamers Ltd 2012