or login with
Not got an account? You can sign-up right here. It takes seconds.

IncGamers PC Gaming Forums

Home Forums PC Gaming Discussion The introduce yourself thread

This topic contains 18 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of playcrazy playcrazy 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Paul Younger
    Keymaster

OK let’s get some introductions going if you are new to the site or forums.

I’m Paul, I started the site with Elly and my job is to keep the whole thing up and running as well as help out with articles where I can. Peter and Tim are extremely busy guys you know.

I’ve been PC gaming since about 1985 and before that was a proud ZX Spectrum owner (which I still have and it works perfectly). So yeh, I’ve been kicking around quite a while ;)

Admin and PC Gamer Extrodinaire!
    berni
    Participant

Hi, I started my personal gaming life with the NES/Famicom system and my first game was the nintendo motocross simulator followed by Zelda 2 – Link (you drive your dirt bike over obstacles against the cpu), before that I played some PC games but as I had no own computer back then I could not play them at home. My first PC game bought by myself in some very small computer shop around the corner – there was only one shelf with games – was Terra Nova Strike Force Centauri and I played that one to the very end (every mission started with yourself in some very tight mech jumping out from an dropship onto a planet and while falling down you could already check the onboard systems and locate some enemies as well as set some waypoints – these waypoints were mandatory as without the them you would have had no clue where you are as the game graphic was close to nonexistent – pig pixels everywhere, but in 3D), this game – of course a DOS game – back then had quite long live action videos between all the missions and all that on a single CD, haha.

hope that was not to boring ;)

btw nice gaming site, why did you choose wordpress?

Paul Younger
    Keymaster

I remember Terra Nova :)

Why WP? Well why not? We have messed with numerous systems over the years and it’s just easy to manipulate. The site is a constantly evolving thing and most changes and additions we make are based on readers’ feedback so we’re always trying to improve things.

Oh, and welcome Berni!

Vlad Redkin
    Participant

Heyho , I am Vlad from Germany,

So I started playing games with NES , played a lot of games, my favorite game on NES was “Battletoads and Double Dragon” (played about 200 hours in 3 years) it was awesome game!
    In 1999 I got my first computer :D

Inter Pentium 3 800 Mhz
    128 MB Ram
    ATI Rage 128 Pro
    WWWAAAHHHHHAAAA HighEnd PC!!!!!! That was beautiful time with StarCraft, Commandos , Warzone 2100 (I was strategy lover)
    But some time later I found Ego-Shooter Half-Life & Unreal, so I moved to Egoshooter games
    Since 2002-2012 I was an active player of Unreal Tournament 2003-2004 , it was the best multiplayer ego-shooter for me.
    2013 I bought PS3 with a lot of games (I was really impressive of power of 6 years old console)
    And now I am playing Diablo 3 but dont really like it much… I saw my friend playing Van Helsing and really love it.

So I try to get a key for that giveaway :) Wish me luck :)

ah yes I found this site through Facebook about Neocores Van Helsing giveaway.

Sorry for my bad english ;)

Paul Younger
    Keymaster

Your English is better than my German Vlad :) Welcome. We will be pulling names out the hat for the giveaway likely on Wednesday.

Vlad Redkin
    Participant

Yeah i hope I will get one key :)

And what are you playing now ???

I am playing Portal 2 Coop , Warframe , Survarium , some times UT2004

MorningLM
    Participant

I’ve been gaming for even longer than you, Paul. My first computer was a ZX81, but my first video gaming experience was probably this:
    Binatone Colour TV Game MK 10

I guess this means that I can’t maintain my claim to never having been a console gamer…

Paul Younger
    Keymaster

Ah the ZX81. I played it but never actually owned on myself :(

ehcmier
    Participant

My name’s Jason R., and I’m really just a huge Thief fan–not the THI4F/Thiaf game, though. And while not much of a gamer overall, I like to see what’s cooking in the industry, where tech is going, and what my trusted friends are raving about.

Paul Younger
    Keymaster

What! You didn’t like Thief 4!!!! *cough* We’re with you on that one ehcmier.

ehcmier
    Participant

Indeed! A niche within a niche!

lazerbeak
    Participant

I’ve been gaming for even longer than you, Paul. My first computer was a ZX81, but my first video gaming experience was probably this:
    Binatone Colour TV Game MK 10

I guess this means that I can’t maintain my claim to never having been a console gamer…

Jesus the Zx81 that had the worse keyboard of any computer ever it was just a flat piece of plastic, good to know I am not the only old fart on the site :D

lazerbeak
    Participant

Heyho , I am Vlad from Germany,

So I started playing games with NES , played a lot of games, my favorite game on NES was “Battletoads and Double Dragon” (played about 200 hours in 3 years) it was awesome game!

In 1999 I got my first computer :D

Inter Pentium 3 800 Mhz

128 MB Ram

ATI Rage 128 Pro

WWWAAAHHHHHAAAA HighEnd PC!!!!!! That was beautiful time with StarCraft, Commandos , Warzone 2100 (I was strategy lover)

But some time later I found Ego-Shooter Half-Life & Unreal, so I moved to Egoshooter games

Since 2002-2012 I was an active player of Unreal Tournament 2003-2004 , it was the best multiplayer ego-shooter for me.

2013 I bought PS3 with a lot of games (I was really impressive of power of 6 years old console)

And now I am playing Diablo 3 but dont really like it much… I saw my friend playing Van Helsing and really love it.

So I try to get a key for that giveaway :) Wish me luck :)

ah yes I found this site through Facebook about Neocores Van Helsing giveaway.

Sorry for my bad english ;)

The P III 800 was the best one very expensive, Unreal Tournament 2003-2004 was myfirst  mutiplayer game, I loved the flak gun cause I sucked and you didn’t need to aim it, Torlan rocked :D

lazerbeak
    Participant

Im Richard and I live in north London with 2 cats or do I live with them? I suspect they believe the latter.
    My first gaming device was a Atari 2600 which at the time made was the joy of my life, even though lets face it it was shit.
    It had these huge brick like cartridges that you could slam in, probably the most enjoyable part of owning the system.
    I think my first OCD interest in a game was a adventure game called Fairlight, I played it on my friends Spectrum 48k.
    My dad got me a Spectrum +3 basically a Spectrum 128k with a really substandard 3″ floppy disk drive. it had 8 colours and 3 channel sound, its amazing to think it had only 128k of memory when you consider, many pcs have over 4000000KB now
    I played games you could get for 1.99 on cassette tapes (codemasters), you could purchase computer games in the news agent in those days.
    I played Elite for months my mate used to co-pilot and fire the missiles, I got to deadly rank before I got bored
    I then upgraded to the fabled Commodore 64….something that was strange in those days, the only controller type was a simple flight stick style controller, seems weird now controlling a sprite on the screen with a flight stick.
    Cybernoid was a great game very advanced for a 8 bit system, amazing music. but brutally hard, die? BACK to the start you go…lose all lives? GAME OVER!!!
    Then the Amiga which I have to say I probably had the most fun on.
    Dungeon Master was amazing I even had poster of it on my wall.
    Looking back the silly war between Amiga Owners and Atari St owners seems silly, though of course the Amiga was by far the superior system :D. (yes Paul I know you were a ST owner :D)
    My first strategy game was probably civilisation on the Amiga, which had the longest slowest intro that’s ever been created, I didn’t know how to skip it till much later so had go though it every time I played which was quite tiresome. I loved Dungeon Master too.
    The Amiga was the system I began my love affair with Final Fantasy games I had massive crush on Cloud.
    I went to amazing effort to make sure Cloud went out with Barret at the end of the game, because it appealed to my warped sense of humour and Tifa got on my nerves.
    Then a PC I think it was was a Pentium 166 mhz it was pretty shit since the early graphic cards were very expensive and I could not afford one. That was when when Doom blew everyones minds (and ended the Amiga IMHO).
    The first affordable GPU was probably the Creative banshee thats when I got into PC gaming, by boss bought every one in my IT dept one. by then I was getting free upgrades all the time so I have lost track what pcs I had. I remember dreaming of getting a Radeon 9800 pro but all I could afford was the ghetto 9600 fav PC game I replayed it dozens of times, and Evil Genius
    I have also owned a Ps2 (Final Fantasy 10 one of the best games ever and RTYPE Delta) , Xbox 360 and played games on both of them. .
    Now I am just a boring PC owner though I am considering getting a 2nd hand ps3 say I can play Demon Souls and the Metal Gear solid games. I play games on my Android Tablet as well (which is a pit of dog shit, because those awful freemium games)
    Sorry for the length of the post hope it wasnt too boring :D

Peter Parrish
    Participant

Hello, I am a man who writes words on this site and suchlike. Like some others here I took the ZX Spectrum to Amiga route to PC. My favourite Spectrum games were usually stuff by Julian Gollop (Chaos, Laser Squad, etc) and mid-period Dizzy titles (Fantasy World, Magicland.)

Ultimate stuff like Knightlore and Sabrewulf were usually pretty dependable too (expensive though, Sabrewulf cost about eight quid!) It’s kind of sad that Ultimate/Rare are just pumping out crap Kinect games now.

On the Amiga it was all about Sensible World of Soccer, Civilization and whatever Amiga Power had on their coverdisk that month.

Like ehcmier I’m a big Thief fan (excluding the latest one,) and loved most of what Looking Glass Studios were trying to do with first-person games in the late 90s. These days my go-to developer is probably Obsidian (Alpha Protocol, Fallout: New Vegas) – very interested to see how Pillars of Eternity turns out. The Souls series (Dark, at least) coming to PC has also been a bit of a revelation.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.