Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition is Steam bound
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (henceforth known as Guacamelee! STCE) will be colourfully wrestling its way on to Steam. Because the main guy is a Mexican luchador, you see. I mean I could’ve said luchadoring I suppose.
Anyway, from 21 August Guacamelee! STCE will be available through Gabe Newell’s favourite digital platform for $15.00 USD. But wait, if you already own Guacamelee! on Steam, you can upgrade to STCE for $5.00 USD via a DLC transaction.
There will be Steam workshop integration, Steam trading cards and a Costume Shop of some sort. In terms of in-game features, this is what STCE adds to the title:
- Expanded Story: An expanded version of the game that includes DLC content from the original
- New Game Areas: Players will ride boats through the Canal of Flowers to save a besieged fishing town, and avoid lava as they climb through the fiery Volcano
- New Boss: Face off against The Trio of Death, a three-headed skeleton that lives in the Volcano, helping the evil Carlos Calaca build his skeleton armies
- New Abilities: Maximize destruction with the powerful new INTENSO combat mode. Plus: Chicken Bombs and Independent Dimension Swapping
- New Enemies: Lethal new elite-class enemies that want to chokeslam luchadores to sleep
- Support for multiple save slots
- Dual currency system that supports permanent item unlocks
Here’s a trailer, which demonstrates a couple of those features, as well as a dramatic voiceover and a cute chicken.Related to this story