Firaxis Games have their own convention now21 Aug 2014
Firaxis titles can no longer be contained by mere trade events like E3 or Gamescom, so they’ve set up their own convention in September. On 27 September, you will be able to attend Firaxicon. Assuming you can get to Maryland, USA and afford the $40.00 USD ticket price.
Also, Firaxicon sounds like the name of a demon wizard. But that’s okay.
The ticket price gets you entry to the event (as you’d hope, really,) a seat at the Firaxis Feast (a Saturday night meal with attendance by Firaxis devs) and Firaxicon “swag” of an undetermined nature. Probably an XCOM pajama set, or something.
What else is there to do at Firaxicon? Well I’m glad you asked because I’m about to copy a list of some of the things. That you can do.
- Meet, greet and game with members of the Firaxis Games team!
- Enjoy ‘An Evening with Sid Meier’ featuring an exclusive presentation by Sid
- Play Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth almost a month before release!
- Sign-up for the first ever XCOM: EU Invitational Tournament for a chance to win THE GOLDEN MUTON
- Tour the Firaxis Games office, and meet their friendly Mechtoid
- Enjoy hours of panels, presentations and more – all focused on Firaxis Games
- Play boardgames against (and with!) Firaxis Games’ designers
You know, Firaxis stuff.