Diablo 3 Sells 20 million, World of Warcraft subscriber numbers down
The latest Activision Blizzard financials have been released with more numbers.
In this latest round of number crunching with bet recenue up to $658 million compared with $608 million for the same period last year. Highlights from the report reveal that Diablo 3 has now sold 20 million copies across all platforms since launch in 2012.
World of Warcraft subscriber numbers are down to 6.8 million compared to 7.8 million in February. However, 1.5 million western gamers have now pre-purchased World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor before its launch in December. WoW numbers are sure to rise again once that launches.
- As of June 30, 2014, Blizzard Entertainment’s Diablo III: Reaper of Souls remained the #1 PC game in dollars in both North America and Europe and, including its expansion and digital sales, Diablo III has sold more than 20 million copies worldwide across all platforms since its release in 2012.
- As of June 30, 2014, Blizzard Entertainment’s World of Warcraft remains the #1 subscription-based MMORPG, with approximately 6.8 million subscribers. There was a decline in subscribers quarter over quarter, which was disproportionately concentrated in the East and was similar to the seasonal decline experienced during the second quarter of 2012, prior to the launch of the most recent expansion later that year.
Related to this story
- IncGamers Podcast #180 10/9/14
- Blizzard removes cheesy XP quests from Diablo 3 Seasons 04/9/14
- IncGamers Podcast #179 02/9/14