Blizzard’s BattleNet battered by DDoS attacks
It’s not a great evening to be trying to play Blizzard titles, as BattleNet games like Diablo 3 and World of Warcraft are the latest to succumb to DDoS (Denial of Service) barrages. Several major games have been affected over the past few days, including League of Legends and Guild Wars 2.
The World of Warcraft forums acknowledge and awareness of current connection issues, and says Blizzard is working to resolve them “as soon as possible.” Likewise, there’s a lengthy thread (one of several) over at the Diablo 3 forums discussing the status of the servers. Hearthstone also appears to be affected by these problems.
Once again, those pesky reptilians LizardSquad are claiming to be behind all this. Earlier today they stated that League of Legends had been hit again.
So, if you’re having issues with any BattleNet games this evening, that’s the reason why. Until Blizzard figures out a way to fend off the DDoS battering, server quality will be rather intermittent.
Bonus Lizard Facts:
- Geckos have no eyelids.
- The Komodo dragon is the largest type of lizard, growing up to 3 metres (10 feet) in length.
- Lizards smell with their tongue, like snakes.
- Apparently, Lizards are pretty good at DDoS attacks.
If you’re a Diablo 3 player you can hop over to our Diablo 3 forums if it’s becoming too frustrating to play at the moment.
Related to this story
- IncGamers Podcast #180 10/9/14
- Blizzard removes cheesy XP quests from Diablo 3 Seasons 04/9/14
- IncGamers Podcast #179 02/9/14