Watch Dogs PC patch claims to address stutter29 Jul 2014
Ubisoft has issued a second official patch for Watch Dogs today, and claims it will improve overall performance. Specifically, it hopes to address the dreaded stuttering issue that a significant numbers of PC users have run into with the game.
The update post states that “we optimized some of the performance issues that were causing some users to experience high amounts of stuttering while playing Watch_Dogs. Instances of stuttering during gameplay should now be reduced, especially when using ‘High Textures.'” If you use ‘Ultra’ textures, however, Ubisoft concedes that you’ll probably still run into stuttering. The replies in the patch thread seem to confirm this.
So that’s a persistent problem with running Watch Dogs at the highest PC graphics settings two months after the game came out. Fine work, Ubisoft.
In addition to maybe fixing the stuttering problem for some people, a bit, the patch notes list these other changes:
• Several fixes to improve NAT type error messages.
• Fix for PCs with multiple network interfaces.
• Fixed an issue at the Poker Table in which the button appeared corrupted after being pulled from the surveillance camera when Aiden is dealing the cards.
• Fixed weapon wheel issue that prevent shotgun selection with mouse.
• Fixed title crashes on loading screen, while Aiden selects to restart last autosave, after previously interacting with the slot machine from Mad Mile.
As far as I know, SLI support is still basically non-existent.
This article was first published on http://www.pcinvasion.com.Related to this story