InSomnia Kickstarter going well and there’s now a tech demo4 Jul 2014
Last year Studio Mono pulled their Kickstarter but this new one is proving more successful with half the funds now raised.
InSomnia looked like an exciting prospect on Kickstarter last year, it included popular themes and is described as “a single-player/co-op RPG set in a “living” dieselpunk sandbox with real-time tactical gameplay”. That should tick many boxes for PC gamers.
Studio Mono realised they were falling into the Kickstater trap of not being able convey their vision effectively so pulled the project. The good news is the game is back on Kickstater and it’s now 50% funded with 36K of the 70K achieved.
The first Kickstarter may have passed you by. so if you missed it, the game is described as follows:
InSomnia pitches the player in a dark and damp, deliciously retro-futuristic space station (“The Ark”) on its 400-year journey in search of a new home. Several centuries earlier, war-torn Noman survivors boarded the Ark to flee their planet and escape the conflict between the Republic of Noma and the SORG Regime. Most of InSomnia takes place inside the gargantuan, half-deserted vessel—which is slowly making its way toward the elusive Evacuation Point. If the Ark fails to reach the Evacuation Point, billions of Nomans will have died in vain.
- Play it your way: Backers will receive both DRM-free and Steam versions of the game.
- Go it alone or assemble a crew: Pick between being a lone wolf in single-player mode or going for co-op with friends and family.
- Fight in real time: Develop your character through tactical real-time combat—combining hundreds of skills and abilities.
- Catch the drift: InSomnia will support French, German, English, Spanish, Polish, and Russian.
- Prove your worth: Survive starvation, extreme weather, and serious injuries.
- Free your mind: Break free from leveling systems, character classes, and tedious grind.
- Embrace the unpredictable: Expect the unexpected with randomly-generated events and missions that keep things interesting.
- Solve the puzzle: Embark on non-linear quests and missions with several possible solutions.
Today the development team has decided to release the first playable tech demo on the Kickstarter page which should give you a better idea of what’s in store.