Games of Glory sci-fi MOBA Kickstarter launches
Are all the other MOBAs not doing it for you? Games of Glory might be worth a look.
Developer Lightbulb Crew have now taken their new MOBA to Kickstarter to raise $100,000 after over a year of developing the game. The team are now looking to get the game complete and “polished” and their hope is to create “the best arena battle game there is”. It’s already in a playable alpha state.
Studio head Anders Larsson had this to say about the launch on Kickstarter and Steam Greenlight.
“We have brought Games of Glory a long way since we started development a year and a half ago, and working with our community has produced a competitive experience unlike any other. We are turning to our community and Kickstarter to take the game from a fun-to-play Alpha to a polished, completed project that will deliver on our vision of an action-oriented MOBA in a persistent science fiction universe.”
Key elements of this MOBA include:
- A multiplayer battle arena where players fight as clone controllers in futuristic gladiator games.
- Controls inspired by hack & slash games like Diablo, with the teamwork aspects of League of Legends and DoTA2.
- Fast action, exchangeable weapons, and free aiming à la shooters.
- A persistent science fiction world where all players will influence the future of the Synarchy and the Games of Glory.
- A replication of the “sports” infrastructure inside the game, where players can take on roles such as Club president, star player, or trainer/coach.
- A community-centered project where development is done interactively with the fans.
Before you switch off thinking this is just another MOBA, watch the video. At least this has a sci-fi setting which is somewhat different.