DayZ experimental update adds persistent loot, new cows and track suits26 Jul 2014
There’s changes happening to the DayZ loot system and now your loot stays put.
No longer will servers need to be restarted for loot to spawn. The new persistent loot system which has just been launched on the experimental servers means that loot should now respawn, and if you drop items they should still be there when a server restarts. This update will really improve the sense of immersion and keep players on the servers.
Other updates in this experimental branch include:
- [Clothing] Green Tracksuit Jacket. Blue Tracksuit Jacket Red Tracksuit Jacket. Black Tracksuit Jacket
- [Weapon] CR-527 Carbine. 2nd View. 3rd View. 4th View 5th View
- [Weapon] CR-527 Carbine Five Round Magazine , 2nd View. Video
- [Clothing] Tanker Helmet , 2nd View
- [Visual] New Matchbox Texture
- [Gear] Paramedic Jacket
- [Gameplay] Basic Persistence
- [Visual] New Cow/Bull Model and Animation
- [Gameplay] Basic Loot Respawning
- [Gear] Red EMT Gear, Pants too
Vehicle information updates have been slow but there’s at least some good news from Dean Hall who says they are “already developing vehicles”. Still no date on when these will actually be released though, even for the experimental servers, but at least we know there’s development going on behind the scenes. Without vehicles there’s still too much walking about for my liking and they can’t come soon enough.