Watch Dogs PC patch released – Issues such as stuttering still exist

20 Jun 2014  by   Paul Younger
Tweet about this on Twitter1Share on Facebook17Share on Google+1Share on Reddit0

Watch Dogs

UbiSoft has now released the PC patch for Watch Dogs which promises fixes for crashes, graphical glitches and performance improvements.

Looking at the UbiSoft support forums in the past hour, the patch appears to have had mixed results. If Nvidia players are suffering from stuttering issues then some players advise to install the recently released 340.43 beya drivers as these may resolve that problem, although there are still a lot of complaints about performance even with this driver update.

If the game is still running terribly then why not check out the recently released mod, even if UbiSoft are not that keen in it.

One day PC gamers will be properly catered for. Here’s a reminder of the changes.

PC SPECIFIC FIXES
• Fixed graphical glitches on Low & Medium settings.
• Fixed some crashes on SLI configurations.
• Implemented several performance improvements.
• Implemented a few control improvements.
• Fixed issues causing infinite messaging and timing-out when trying to access the Online Shop from the Extras Menu while Uplay is set to Offline mode.
• Fixed issues connecting to a Multiplayer game.
• Implemented several mouse modifications.
• Fixed “Drinking Game” control issue where wrong information was displayed when played with a gamepad.
• Fixed “Chess Game” control issue.
• Fixed bug where the invasion setting was never saved.
• Fixed graphical issues during cut scenes and cinematics.
• Fixed several graphical and texture bugs.
• Removed Vista OS check to prevent false positives.
• Added game version in main menu.

MAJOR GAME FIXES
• Automatically reconstructed corrupted save files which prevented loading to go further than 90%. Some collectibles may remain unrecoverable.
• Fixed the issue preventing players from using hacks in game.

GAMEPLAY FIXES
• Fixed several mission-breaking bugs.
• Fixed minor mission and item-related issues.
• Fixed the issue that caused the empty weapon-wheel.

MULTIPLAYER FIXES
• Fixed several minor respawn issues.
• Fixed some connection and session joining issues.

1. -11

Hopefully this also comes along with a steam sale discount making it a deal.

June 20, 2014 at 5:38 pm

This patch didn’t even address the stutter. That has been the main, if not ONLY issue we PC gamers have wanted fixed. Until then, the game is near unplayable using 2GB of VRAM, and without that, looks comparable to Xbox 360 version I’d say. Is it really much to expect a game that we already payed for, now out for over a month, to just function smoothly? Great game, could be excellent if not for this flaw.

Side note: This also did not address the lack of Dolby Digital Live support, so still no Dolby 5.1 for my headset. :( Patch did nothing for me.

June 22, 2014 at 3:38 am
  3. -3

I find IncGamers are the one of the very few who actually asks questions…

But I’m not a better judge, because sociopathy.

June 22, 2014 at 4:24 am
  4. 0

Played it a couple of hours now and the stuttering is almost gone for me, did see it occasionally but definitely playable. Still got some graphical artifact though, but doesn’t show up until after about one hour and restarting the game fixes it.

Seems like they did some optimization, but it’s still quite demanding of your hardware. (I’ve got two gtx670)

June 22, 2014 at 10:11 pm

My biggest issue is that I ran this game on a R720, non-X, and it ran pretty smooth, lowest settings, but minnimal issues, but the moment I put in an R970X in my system, the game even on lowest settings runs like @$$ worse then the cars. I’m serious, I can’t go anywhere without the whole game almost locking up just to render one thing. And this is WITH settings on the Lowest!!!!

I have an Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0
    8gigs of Corsair vengeance ram, a freaking AMD FX8320, 4 Terrabites of harddrve space in a Raid configuration (And I tired to use this on a single 500Gig as well to be sure, both in SSD and non-SSD) The R9 from Asus as stated above, Win 64 bit and steamos with wine(Bitch to get configured) and Untumbo(However it’s spelled) with wine.

I could run freaking Crysis 3 on the highest settings! HIGHEST and not go below 60fps@1080P, overlocked everything with watercooling as needed. But Watch Dogs will not work, and when I Upgraded my video card, it runs worse now! HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE? It won’t work on the lowest settings without the settings mod. Seriously I can get some better FPS of 40 before it nose dives or crashes with the mod on, without the Mod I can get between 2fps and 78(Max), but it tends to crash, only once with the mod, but before it was crashing without the mod at least 3 or more times each play.

I don’t know, can someone tell me why this is happening?!

June 28, 2014 at 8:35 am
  6. Avatar of Adi
    Adi

Need the link for the patch please.

July 2, 2014 at 4:39 am