Watch Dogs PC patch released – Issues such as stuttering still exist20 Jun 2014
UbiSoft has now released the PC patch for Watch Dogs which promises fixes for crashes, graphical glitches and performance improvements.
Looking at the UbiSoft support forums in the past hour, the patch appears to have had mixed results. If Nvidia players are suffering from stuttering issues then some players advise to install the recently released 340.43 beya drivers as these may resolve that problem, although there are still a lot of complaints about performance even with this driver update.
One day PC gamers will be properly catered for. Here’s a reminder of the changes.
PC SPECIFIC FIXES
• Fixed graphical glitches on Low & Medium settings.
• Fixed some crashes on SLI configurations.
• Implemented several performance improvements.
• Implemented a few control improvements.
• Fixed issues causing infinite messaging and timing-out when trying to access the Online Shop from the Extras Menu while Uplay is set to Offline mode.
• Fixed issues connecting to a Multiplayer game.
• Implemented several mouse modifications.
• Fixed “Drinking Game” control issue where wrong information was displayed when played with a gamepad.
• Fixed “Chess Game” control issue.
• Fixed bug where the invasion setting was never saved.
• Fixed graphical issues during cut scenes and cinematics.
• Fixed several graphical and texture bugs.
• Removed Vista OS check to prevent false positives.
• Added game version in main menu.
MAJOR GAME FIXES
• Automatically reconstructed corrupted save files which prevented loading to go further than 90%. Some collectibles may remain unrecoverable.
• Fixed the issue preventing players from using hacks in game.
• Fixed several mission-breaking bugs.
• Fixed minor mission and item-related issues.
• Fixed the issue that caused the empty weapon-wheel.
• Fixed several minor respawn issues.
• Fixed some connection and session joining issues.
Related to this story