Starpoint Gemini 2 gets beta update, polishes wormholes
Little Green Man’s Starpoint Gemini 2 is sat in Steam’s Early Access, but progressing towards a full release. It entered a self-described beta phase on 17 March and has just released a fresh beta update for the open universe space RPG.
This latest version has a few bug tweaks, new additions and implements a couple of community suggestions as well. Let’s take a look at the changes then, shall we?
- FIXED: Several bugs, amongst others in dialog panel issues and ship assembly
- UPDATED: Wormholes received a visual and physics overhaul
- UPDATED: It is no longer possible to dock on hostile stations/planets
- UPDATED: HUD markers transparency now depends on distance to object
- ADDED: Smuggle Freelance mission
- ADDED: Particle effects on ships when being damaged
- ADDED: Heavy weapons can now force a ship to drop Power to Engines
Those are the main alterations. A more in-depth list can be found on the game’s Steam announcements page. Starpoint Gemini 2 currently costs $25.00 USD, but that price will probably rise as it gets closer to a full release date.
I’ve been playing the beta build of the game, so expect a preview article about this upcoming space odyssey on IncGamers in the coming days.Related to this story