Rise of the Triad 1.4 brings the Doomstick
The latest update to Rise of the Triad brings a load of new content including the mighty pumping Doomstick. This video shows it off perfectly.
In this update to the classic shooter remake players can get their hands on the new Doomstock shotgun which is a semi-automatic beast from Hell. That’s not all though, there’s also six new maps and all this is for free. The new maps are as follows:
- Danger Canyon (DM)
- Spry (DM)
- Tepidus (DM/TDM)
- Templus (DM/TDM/CTF)
- Virgus (DM/TDM)
- The RoTTest Yard (DM)
The weapon effects have also been given a makeover with optimised particle effects and there’s even “new and optimised blood effects” for those of you wanting more splatter.
Some of the previous achievements have been removed as apparently they weren’t “good ones” but new achievements have been added to make up for the loss. These include:
- Knife Party
- This is My Doomstick!
- Shop Smart, Shop S Mart
For those of you who like to cheat then why not try BOOMSHAKALAKA (Spawns the doomstick) and ImGangsta (Toggles gangsta mode).
The more technical part of this Rise of the Triad update reads:
* Online single player campaign saves will now be cached for use in offline mode
* PhysX now OFF by default
* “Enable PhysX” setting in launcher now stays activated when you select “accept settings”. (derp)
* Clicking “Restart Checkpoint” before the first checkpoint of the level no longer respawns the player with only a pistol.
* Pressing your quickload button while in a loading screen will no longer yield a constant loop of loading .
* Pressing quicksave after pressing resume game, in the main menu, then loading said save while in game, no longer causes the map name to be replaced with garbage.
* Quicksaving on any of the secret levels no longer breaks the level. Quicksaving is disabled on all secret levels.
* (Lo Wang’s) multiplayer one-liners on health and weapon pickups no longer overlap
* The god mode pickup no longer plays the entire singleplayer pickup sound in multiplayer.
* The new Community Maps from 1.3 and 1.4 are now supported by the LDK Dedicated Server tool.
* Big John now has multiplayer VOs (You’re welcome)
* Lo Wang’s mercury mode duration has been fixed.
* Trying to log in with a non-existing account no longer gives the wrong error message
* Error message upon version mistmatch has now been corrected.
* No longer possible to break the kill statistics.
* Armor is no longer disappearing (visually) from HUD when reloading a checkpoint.
* Entering a secret exit will now unlock 100% completion achievement.
* Coin counter added to ESC menu in SP
* Steppin’ Razer Achievement kill count increased to 50
* Fixed posthumous firebomb kills now register properly
* Fixed achievements
* Numerous numerous Quick save fixes
* Added ‘Ding’ + 1995 VO sound when player gets 100% on a level (Best feature)
* All community maps now have the [CM] tag
* Muzzleflash work for the second (left) pistol when dual wielding.
* Fixed El Oscuro phase 2 ragdoll in rare occasions
* E2L5: Quickloading- and Saving no longer breaks Sebastian Krist Boss Battle
* Balistikraft no longer becomes invulnerable to traps after quickload
* Armor/ health % / weapons and level stats are now saved at 3rd checkpoint after starting to play through a map from 2nd checkpoint from overworld
*Various other things we changed, fixed or tweaked that I’m sure you won’t notice ^__^