Watch Dogs release date announced
After much delay, Watch Dogs has finally been given the green light for release on 27 May.
“We are pleased to be able to reveal to gamers all over the world the new release date for Watch Dogs,” said Geoffroy Sardin, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Ubisoft. “We are extremely confident that the additional time we afforded the dev team to refine and polish the game will be more than worth the wait.”
Unusually for UbiSoft the PC version will launch at the same time as the console versions which is a refreshing change. To celebrate the news there’s also a new trailer which looks at what drives our protagonist Aiden Pearce.
The system specs were also revealed (thanks Gary) and are the same specs that were revised and released last year.
- Supported OS: Windows Vista SP2 64bit, Windows 7 SP1 64bit, Windows 8 64bit
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.66Ghz or AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0Ghz
- RAM: 6 GB
- Video Card: 1024 VRAM DirectX 11 with Shader Model 5.0 (see supported list)
- Sound Card: DirectX 9 compatible Sound Card
- This product supports 64-bit operating systems ONLY
- Processor: Core i7 3770 @ 3.5Ghz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0Ghz
- RAM: 8 GB
- Video Card: 2048 VRAM DirectX 11 with Shader Model 5.0 or higher (see supported list)
- Sound Card: Surround Sound 5.1 capable sound card
- Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
- nVidia GeForce GTX460 or better, GT500, GT600, GT700 series;
- AMD Radeon HD5850 or better, HD6000, HD7000, R7 and R9 series
- Intel® Iris™ Pro HD 5200