The Diablo 3 Podcast – Launch impressions
While Peter, Tim and I rabbited on about Reaper of Souls in this week’s IncGamers podcast, we’re not quite as dedicated as the guys on the Diablo: IncGamers team. I’m still battling through every piece of content in the expansion which takes a little time to get to the nitty gritty so our review is a work in progress but will be with you early next week.
On the other hand the Diablo: IncGamers team have it all done and dusted knowing exactly what’s what when it comes to the expansion’s enhancements. How are the really dedicated followers of the franchise finding the new expansion? You’ll need to tune in and find out.
This edition of The Diablo Podcast covers all of the following:
- 0:30 — Intro and Reaper of Souls launch party first impressions. Scavenger hunt surprises, attractions inside, amusing gorgeous model interactions, great food and drink, expert cosplayer photos.
- 15:00 — Launch Party dev interactions. Wyatt Cheng, Josh Mosquera, Community Managers, Jay Wilson sightings, and more.
- 23:00 — Party attendees received a Reaper of Souls Collector’s Edition. Has everyone opened theirs? Playing with it? Straight to Ebay?
- 28:00 — Cosplay and other cool outfits at the Launch Party.
- 31:50 — Reaper of Souls first impressions. Rushing to 70, Adventure Mode, sudden death Evil Wraiths, everyone abandoning the Sacred Groves of Bamboo Forest to play Diablo 3?
- 40:00 — The shock and horror of reaching level 65ish and realizing that every gem and weapon you saved and scrimped and upgraded to create… is now vendor trash. Or is that not enough of a change, since some armor and legacy legendaries remain best in slot even at level 70.
- 44:30 — Reaper of Souls’ flawless launch surprises everyone.
- 48:35 — Paper/Sheet DPS is misleading in Reaper of Souls. Torment is much easier now than it was during the RoS beta? Smarter character window or tooltips to show the actual damage output with all the +skill and +elemental damage bonuses?
- 54:00 — Sneak preview info about Diablo 3 ladders, deeper more difficult Rifts, Ladders that rank by Achievements instead of just experience? And short term goals for Reaper of Souls.
You can find all the links to listen and download over on Diablo: IncGamers.