IncGamers Podcast / Vidcast #157

19 Mar 2014  by   Peter Parrish
Tweet about this on Twitter2Share on Facebook0Share on Google+1Share on Reddit0

podcast 157

This week’s edition of the podcast harkens back to a strange and mysterious time when small teams of programmers could find huge success making a game in a small office or bedroom. Hey, wait a moment, that’s today! But it also happened quite a bit in the 1980s as well.

News that Gauntlet and Chaos (as Chaos Reborn) could be making a return, along with a PTSD-inducing video of a docking procedure from Elite: Dangerous, mean that the news has an 80s flavour. If we had time, we could’ve discussed the Iran-Contra affair too. Alas, we don’t.

Moving forwards through time, we reach the 1990s. A time when Peter Molyneux was king. The days of Theme Park are over now, but he’s still trucking away with Godus. The latest update turns it into the most amazing game ever. At least, according to Molyneux. And since when has he given you any reason to doubt him, hmm?

Elsewhere, GOG do their best to avoid regional pricing to the delight of everybody, SimCity finally launches an offline mode and I try to figure out what, exactly, the PC version of Dark Souls 2 is going to end up looking like. It’s not as easy as you’d imagine.

Tim’s been toiling away on Titanfall (Paul’s been playing some of that too,) and I’ve been exploring Borgova in The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing 2. There’s also a bit of cheeky console-based chat about Dark Souls 2. Come on, it’s Dark Souls 2!

Listen, watch, download, stream and do whatever you fancy with the podcast, below. For more episodes, have a look in the archives by hitting the “Podcast” tab up near the top of the page there. iTunes has a few too, if you prefer that option.

If you have any burning questions or thoughts for the podcast team, send them to editor@incgamers.com and mark them “Hey dummy, I have things I want to say about the podcast.”

Play
Tweet about this on Twitter2Share on Facebook0Share on Google+1Share on Reddit0

Weird I didn’t find docking in Elite Difficult difficult mind you I was very young, I am going to down load the Amiga Version to test see if I still find it easy :D

March 19, 2014 at 12:12 pm
  2. Is there a video version this week?

March 19, 2014 at 12:12 pm

Thanks Paul you just saved to me 20 quid I was about to buy SimCity, but if the cities are to small like you say I wont bother now

March 19, 2014 at 1:27 pm

Well perhaps modders will make it possible but I would wait and see. Otherwise gold off. I’ll keep an eye on it thought and post about if something appears.

March 19, 2014 at 5:15 pm

there’s no video i can’t see the cat this is an outrage

March 19, 2014 at 4:06 pm

I blame Paul.

As far as I know the video was indeed recorded, so I’ll shout at people until I find out where it’s gone.

March 19, 2014 at 4:21 pm
      1. sweet :D my cat loves sitting on my computer desk chair, every time I leave it for even 5 seconds

March 22, 2014 at 9:22 pm
      2. its good you have two I always feel sorry for single cats, probably projection of some kind

March 22, 2014 at 9:22 pm

Yeh pretty close likeness there :) That is Tilly in the video, there are another three here as well. CATS!

March 19, 2014 at 9:04 pm

4 cats ?!! I had three once :) feeding time was like london zoo

March 20, 2014 at 6:17 am
  5. Oh I forgot to say I had exactly the same experience as Tim with the Titian fall campaign , I could not really absorb what the overs were saying, since I was too busy playing (mainly dying), then quickly realised it was all bullshit and it made no fucking difference what I did anyway, and then realised it was a load of shit, just a load of multilayer maps stung together in a feeble attempt to fake a single campaign, Its sad they didn’t make more effort could have been good. though maybe it doesn’t matter since the MP is so good anyway

March 20, 2014 at 7:29 am