GOG offers Dungeon Keeper Gold for free this Valentine’s Day

14 Feb 2014  by   Tim McDonald
Tweet about this on Twitter1Share on Facebook0Share on Google+3Share on Reddit0
dungeon keeper

TERRIBLE.

What better way to celebrate Valentine’s Day than by playing Dungeon Keeper, a game in which you construct a dungeon, populate it with monsters, and murder a variety of invading heroes? Um. Almost anything, I suspect.

Nonetheless, GOG have gone and made Dungeon Keeper Gold – which includes the Deeper Dungeons expansion – absolutely free for a short period of time. As it’s excellent, you should totally head on over there, grab a copy, and play it. It’s not very Valentine’s Day-related, but it’s good enough that you shouldn’t care.

If that’s not enough for you… well, they’ve also discounted Dungeon Keeper 2, the also-really-rather-good sequel, to $1.49. So hey, you can get that too!

Tweet about this on Twitter1Share on Facebook0Share on Google+3Share on Reddit0

Have you got all our top PC game picks in your Steam library? Follow the IncGamers Curator list.

MorningLM

I got DK1 and also Medal of Honor:Allied Assault War Chest for whatever $1.99 is. I played that many years ago having borrowed it off a friend and it’s worth buying just for the memories of the beach landing sequence.

February 14, 2014 at 3:45 pm

Yeah MOHAA was good, had quite a lot of fun on that. I can’t remember dungeon keeper too well.

February 14, 2014 at 7:07 pm
    sorudo

DK is my all favorite game, this offer is a no brainer to me….

February 14, 2014 at 9:51 pm
    Widukind

Dungeon Keeper is also one of my all time favourites. Such a shame therefore that the DK version on GoG is the low resolution DOS one. I really find it hard to recommend compared to the Windows version, even taking into account the inclusion of the rare Deeper Dungeons expansion.

February 14, 2014 at 11:35 pm
      Tim McDonald

I didn’t actually realise that (despite owning it before this sale, and indeed, despite having an original boxed copy), but it wouldn’t be the first time GOG have had a slightly inferior version of a game up. Pretty sure the same is true of a number of the old Sierra adventures. I suspect it’s down to compatibility – DOSBox makes most DOS games very easy to run, but a lot of Win95 and Win3.1 games are still a bit of a nightmare.

On the plus side, at least it’s not the mobile version.

February 15, 2014 at 1:57 am
        Widukind

My physical copy of Dungeon Keeper works just fine on Vista, so I don’t really see that argument holding any weight in this case. Have yet to try it on Windows 7 / 8 though.

February 16, 2014 at 5:02 pm
    Lazerbeak

I have mixed feelings about COG, shouldn’t a lot of these games be public domain by now anyway?

February 15, 2014 at 4:23 pm