DayZ Standalone updated with changes and fixes5 Jan 2014
- Design: Balancing of player spawns (ongoing)
- Server: Dead player cleanup (time based)
- Design: M9130 Bayonet can now open cans
- Server: BattlEye Anti-Cheat (Client as well)
- Server: Initial implementation for Sub-Private Hives (ongoing)
- Server: Initial implementation for regular & hardcore Public Hive
- Server: Dedicated Server crash related to player skeleton
- Server: Player location rubberbanding (ongoing)
- Server: Large delay in item manipulation and “inventory tetris”
If you’re willing to put up with the problems then play it. If not, it’s best to wait for more to get fixed as it’s pretty damn ropey still. Particular pet hates are when zombies suddenly clone themselves, spot you from miles away or pass through walls. All of these have so far led to my demise at some point.
There’s still a lot of work to be done but good to see updates coming early in the new year.