Fallout 4 teaser site gets a further Morse code change for 3 December
So, the countdown came and went at the weekend without much being resolved. A further ‘wing’ of thesurvivor2299.com opened up, with more codes and vague references to either Boston or Fallout, but I think skepticism is rising about the validity of all this. Perhaps, like me, people are just getting a bit sick of hearing Morse code.
Speaking of, there’s a new one of those beeping and booping out of the site at present. Even r/Fallout has struggled to decode this one, with a few portions still open to debate. Here’s what the Morse seems to say:
CLG BR OTST RPT SUSP ACT NER SL TI 1 VTD 02 N 3 UNWN HUM 03 MIL NW D
Kind of reads like somebody mashing their hand on a phone text pad, but the best guess for what it might mean is along the lines of:
Calling Black Row Outpost/On the Site. Reporting suspect activity near secured location The Institute. 1 Vault Dweller [And/No] 3 unknown humans 3 miles North West D
Previous messages have been from the apparent survivor’s point of view (talking about bombs falling, heading to Black Row etc,) whereas now we seem to be getting a point of view from The Institute itself or those who control it.
This stuff will no doubt continue to the point where the second countdown reaches zero (in around 7-8 days time.) But with suggestions of questionable Polish hosting circulating and gathering momentum (here’s a great run-down on all that tech stuff,) the Fallout 4 hype train may be running out of steam.
Here’s something approaching the sequence of events so far:
- 14 November – A member of the Reddit community discovers the survivor2299.com website which is broadcasting a Morse code message which translates to the date of 11 December 2013.
- 14 November – EU Trademark discovered
- 21 November – A phone number appears in a message which reads “Nuclear winter is coming. Reserve your future home today! 877-260-2299″ When called it plays the Tranquility Land music and more morse code. Line apparently goes dead after a few hours.
- 21 November – site’s Morse code changes again and when deciphered translates to “Calling any station. Calling any station. Calling any station. This is OZ. Please stand by”.
- 22 November – New message on the site is deciphered to read “MY DEAR SISTER. I’M HEADING TO THE INSTITUTE. GOD KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS PLACE NOW. THIS OLD BASTARD WILL HELP US. HE MUST HELP US. –0321–”
- 22 November – Site message changes to “Nuclear winter is coming. Reserve your future home today! ###PERMISSION DENIED BY OVERSEER (15334) ###”
- 23 November – New site message reads “The quabbin reservoir is seven zero four two two nine nine” and “one two two seven two zero one three || one one two five two zero one three” which is two dates used to desipher the next code reveal.
- 25 November – “Nuclear winter is coming in 6days 11h 41m 25s (counting down)” and “Bridgeport, this is Concord (MA), message: Quabbin Reservoir is hit, repeat, Quabbin Reservoir is hit” appear.
- 26 November – New morse message translates to “NCRA UNIT BST 314 7 EMRG MSG NEW YORK STAGE 7 WASHINGTON STAGE 7 LOS ANGELES STAGE 7 AUSTIN STAGE 7 CHICAGO STAGE 7 NEW ORLEAN STAGE 7 LAS VEGAS UNKNOWN MIAMI STAGE 7 DALLAS STAGE 7 DENVER STAGE 7 SAN DIEGO STAGE 7 SAN FRANCISCO STAGE 7 BOSTO”
- 27 November – More code translates to “Calling any station, Calling any station, Calling any station. Boston is gone, repeat, Boston is gone. No Hope. Frequency 3450 Return Transmission. Goodbye America.”
- 28 November – EU trademark appears to be fake.
- 30 November – The ‘Nuclear Winter is Coming’ countdown ticks to zero (after some hiccups,) revealing a crapload of extra codes and messages.
- 1-2 December – A new area appears on thesurvivor2299.com with even more bits and pieces on it.