Fallout 4 site continues to tease – New codes and “Nuclear winter is coming”

22 Nov 2013  by   Paul Younger
Tweet about this on Twitter23Share on Facebook365Share on Google+0Share on Reddit0

fallout 4 site

Update 23/11/2013 : Fallout teaser code reveals 2 new mystery dates

The Fallout 4 site continues to tease today with more additions following yesterday’s morse code change.

So far we’ve been throughly enjoying the mystery but it’s become a little less mysterious this evening with the addition of more teases on the site.

If you ran out mouse over the page and highlight the text you will have seen this message:

“Nuclear winter is coming. Reserve your future home today! 877-260-2299″

Right, so I think we can safely confirm another Fallout. It gets a little more intriguing, and we have not tested this ourselves, but apparently if you rang that number it starts plating the music Tranquility Lane from Fallout 3. This number is now no longer active.

This was then followed by the text:

###PERMISSION DENIED BY OVERSEER (15334) ###

Just as I was typing this up a new code has appeared on the site which reads:

ZL QRNE FVFGRE. V’Z URNQVAT GB GUR VAFGVGHGR. TBQ XABJF JUNG UNCCRARQ GB GUVF CYNPR ABJ. GUVF BYQ ONFGNEQ JVYY URYC HF. UR ZHFG URYC HF. –0321–

This can be decoded here using N setting of 13.

Which translates to:

MY DEAR SISTER. I’M HEADING TO THE INSTITUTE. GOD KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS PLACE NOW. THIS OLD BASTARD WILL HELP US. HE MUST HELP US. –0321–”

You have to admit this is a pretty fun marketing campaign that’s managed to capture the attention of the Fallout fanbase. We’ll post more up as it appears.

Thanks to site visitor Yuri and /r/Fallout for some of these tips.

Peter Parrish

Winter is coming? Fallout 4: Ned Stark edition.

November 22, 2013 at 3:37 am
    Peter Parrish

Ooh, forgot to add something of actual relevance. “The Institute” is basically MIT but in Fallout world, so that’s another Boston-related clue.

November 22, 2013 at 3:40 am
    Tim McDonald

Caesarian shift cyphers: the best way to protect your information when you really, really want absolutely anyone who sees the message to be able to decode it in 20 seconds flat.

November 22, 2013 at 4:42 am

4. Nessie

I’m really loving this campaign they have going. I can’t wait for the official announcement though :).

November 22, 2013 at 5:20 am

5. davpsycho

when you look at what has been released so far it seems the new game has something to do with a sick young boy possibly crippled, and artificitial intelligence or android tech.
    the institute being mit mentioned by doctor li in fallout 3 where they developed ai androids that could pass for humans like harkness the android also seen in fallout 3.
    oscar zulu is a transmition from bob anderstein in fallout 3, the message he sends isif anyone can hear this, this is bob anderstein.
    my family and i have taken refuge in a drainage chamber not too far from a radio relay tower outside of d.c. my boy is very sick, needs medical assistance. please help if you can. we’re listening for your response. 3950 kilohertz\nwhen you find the drainage chamber you find 2 skeletons, a crutch, d.c journal of internal medicine etc but no child remains, this says the boy was either taken or left.
    it is possible the 2 are linked but the fun is in the deciphering of the clues.
    i will continue to filter through and keep posted.

November 22, 2013 at 10:29 am

6. blackeyeddog

ASSUMING this website is actually giving real information (it’s registered to Bethesda but they are sneaky teases when it comes to Fallout) it seems the decoded message about having headed to The Institute is signed “-0321-.” To me this confirms some sort of stretch between Dr. Zimmer and his androids at The Institute.

In Fallout 3, there is a quest called “The Replicated Man,” in which Dr. Zimmer is visiting Rivet City from The Institute because one of his androids has escaped from there. Further into the quest it is discovered that Harkness, a Rivet City guard is actually the missing droid. His robot name happens to be “A3-21.” I am thus speculating the small little pocket of outside story that is in this Fallout 3 quest has some of the most indicative hints/ties towards the (hopefully) upcoming sequel. Now this is all just my ranting speculation over one small piece of information but I’ve been watching this for years and this small piece of information is the most concrete/plausible thing I have seen so far.

November 22, 2013 at 3:47 pm

7. A Travelling Salesman

Seems the messages coming through are not the same and change in time. It’s hard to keep the the ice off the screen of my trusty friend. Sometimes to go forward you have to go back. More so in the direction of the rising sun. Just seems warmer upon this road when the clouds are gone. Will I make it there? A nice roast would do me some good over a fire, but surely those in the shadows would try to harm me. They can smell just a good in extreme temperatures.

November 23, 2013 at 4:39 am

8. A Travelling Salesman

It’s hard to to type when it’s cold. Will anyone even read this I wonder? I feel alone, echoes in the night beyond the horizon. The things thingsI have heard and seen upon this journey, any mortal man would fear. If I freeze to death, take what you will. At least leave a bottlecap for good luck, maybe a wish wish. For I’m just a lowly salesman

November 23, 2013 at 4:51 am