DICE “investigating” Battlefield 4 beta freezing and crashes – Known issues posted
Testing is now underway and the first round of known issues for the Battlefield 4 beta have been posted by EA.
- We have received reports of Freezes and Crashes affecting the BF4 Beta client. Our team is currently investigating this matter and we will update you here as soon as we know more.
If you are affected by a Freeze or a Crash upon joining a game, and the error message “BF4 Beta has stopped working” appears, please make sure your Windows is fully updated and your Graphic card is running on its latest driver. Alternatively, some players using GeForce drivers were able to fix this by downgrading their driver to an earlier version.
- We received report of unusually low performances, and are currently looking into that as well.
- Please note that the Battlefield 4 Beta does not support Win32 and 32 Bit operating systems.
- Video settings may not be saved after rebooting the game.
- The tooltip “E” to enter the Venom is visible at a 400 meter distance.
Tim is currently hammering away at the beta and he’ll have first impressions up later today, but as far as I am aware he’s not experienced the crashing and freezing problems.Related to this story