Takedown: Red Sabre gets patched to address launch problems24 Sep 2013
Serellan’s tactical shooter Takedown: Red Sabre did not get off to a good start when in launched last Friday with all kinds of connectivity issues which we experienced first hand.
Today Serellan are going to try and sort some of the problems out with the game’s first patch and issued a quick notice along with the patch notes which we hope will have some impact on actually getting into a multiplayer game without the lobbies vanishing.
“This is our first step addressing the issues that some players are finding with the game. We locked down these issues because they were the most efficient ones we could implement to help get folks up and running. More on the way! We’re currently “Triaging” issues as they come in. ”
We like the look of Takedown: Red Sabre so let’s hope the devs can get these issues all sorted quickly. Here’s the notes:
Connectivity and server status issues
- The correct exe will now run automatically depending upon your windows version (Win32/Win64)
- Servers will be displayed now in the Steam list to enhance visibility of games being played, plus accuracy of information being shown.
- TTS/Text to speech feature has been removed
- TAKEDOWN process now ends properly which will alleviate some server conflicts.
In addition, here is a workaround for the misleading ‘Your connection to the host has been lost” error message from Single player games:
- This error message occurs when the game mode is switched from Multiplayer to Single player and is being addressed for a future fix. The message is a belated alert from the aborted Multiplayer session and is not referencing your current single player game status.
- If you want to switch to single player mode after playing multiplayer, or attempting to enter a multiplayer game – until the next patch arrives, restart the game to avoid seeing this error message.
Also, for convenience – Here are the steps to accessing your pre-order content
1. Main Menu > Help & Options / Codes
2. Type code, Click submit.
3. Press ESC to back up to Main Menu
4. Choose Play > Single Player
5. Choose GAME MODE > Tango Hunt > MAP > Killhouse
If you preordered the game, a .txt file containing your Killhouse Unlock code is located in your steam directory.
64 bit systems – C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Takedown Red Sabre\Pre-Order Killhouse Unlock Code.txt
32 Bit systems – C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Takedown Red Sabre\Pre-Order Killhouse Unlock Code.txt
While we continue to resolve the outstanding issues please refer to the following links for more details as potential work-arounds: