SimCity update 7 releases tomorrow – Marvel at some new bridge screens21 Aug 2013
SimCity update 7 has been a long time coming but we think it’s going to be well worth the wait thanks to more tweaks to traffic, new tree tools and more. Most importantly though, you can build bridges and tunnels. In the words of Paul Daniels, “now that’s magic”.
What are your cities going to look like? Perhaps something like the new shots below.
Related to this story
Update 7 Changes
- New: Brand new tool to create bridges, overpasses, and tunnels when you draw your roads.
When building your road, pressing the N key or M key will lower or raise the road accordingly creating overpasses, bridges and tunnels.
Note: Existing road layouts cannot be raised or lowered
- New: Improvements for Traffic behavior to make it smarter. This should reduce the number of lines formed by all available vehicles converging on a single spot. This affects all vehicles including Police, Fire Trucks, Moving Trucks, Garbage Trucks, Recycling Trucks, Resource Trucks, Buses, Ambulances, and Civilian vehicles going home, to work, or shopping.
- New: Tree tools – Place individual trees around your city. These tools are located at the end of the Nature Parks palette.
- Terrain: Fixes an issue some player’s see where terrain covers sections of roads while the camera is zoomed out.
- Fixed an issue where the fire animation would sometimes continue when fire was extinguished.
- Parks: Sports parks are now accepting Sims 24 hours a day.
- Airship: The number of Airship passenger trips should now be correct over multiple days.
- Vehicles: Vehicles now accelerate and decelerate faster, allowing them to leave buildings and go through intersections more efficiently.
- Freight: Freight trucks now only leave factories if they have a valid delivery destination.
- Gifting: Money gifting should be more reliable.