ILin’: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad has some GamesCom shots too
1C Company is covering all bases with shots of military hardware today, first with some Men of War: Assault Squad 2 images and now with some shots of planes from IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad. These ones definitely have Men of War beaten on the aerial front, but are rather lacking in tanks. However, there is one picture of some katyusha rocket trucks (I’m pretty sure that’s what they are, if Company of Heroes 2 is to be believed.)
As well as planes, here’s what else Battle of Stalingrad is promising to the prospective PC purchaser when it comes out next spring.
- Being developed by 1C Game Studios comprising developers of previous Sturmovik titles and 777 Studios, the creators of Rise of Flight: The First Great Air War (the best WWI combat flight simulator ever made)
- Unprecedented level of detail in physics, damage modeling and aerodynamics ever represented in virtual aircraft
- True-to-life and complex AI system
- The largest and most detailed recreation of the Battle of Stalingrad theatre ever modeled in a flight simulation with unique structures, buildings and landscapes
- Ten Legendary aircraft that have been thoroughly re-created using original drawings and blueprints
- Historically correct reconstruction of all key operations of the Stalingrad battle
- Quick fights and large-scale battles in single-player and multi-player with dedicated servers. An extensive in-game achievement system that allows players to unlock historically based airplane modifications and upgrades as your campaign progresses. No Pay to Win here, only skill and bravery is needed!
Here are some pre-order details from back in July, in case you want to splash some money on a fancy-pants edition.