Primed: Prime World now in open beta

26 Jul 2013  by   Peter Parrish

Prime World (4)

Nival, the developers behind Heroes of Might and Magic V and Silent Storm, have announced that their new title Prime World is now in open beta. As far as I can make out, this is a game that wants to be all of the genres at once. Here are the ones mentioned in the press release: RPG, MOBA, MMO.

So yes, it’s … one of those. It’s also free-to-play, which means hide your wallets lest you be tempted into a foolish set of microtransactions that you’ll regret in the morning. There are, apparently, eight game modes to try and the “MOBA-style” battles are mixed with MMO/RPG-ish persistent hero progression. I thought that was the one thing that MOBAs tended not to do, but I’m not a Professor of MOBAology like Tim.

There are Player-vs-Player options, alongside Player-vs-Environment. Then there’s one listed as “PVPVE” which, man, I don’t even know any more. Player-vs-Porcupine-vs-Electricity?

If nothing else, it sounds highly unusual. You can sign up and have a go, here.

I saw this from here and clicked through, didn’t seem too bad, I think this is more like WarCraft 3 then a MOBA. Haha, PvPvE I think means Player vs player vs environment (AI), so basically all vs all, MOBA style game maps with RTS and charcter skill trees like an RPG. Heck now I’m confused.

July 29, 2013 at 12:58 pm

2. MarkSquirrel

Its finally out in 24/7 beta? SWEET!!! I played in the Beta Weekend and it was awesome. Now I am coming back. Gotta take care of my castle :D People try this game, you won’t regret it!!!

July 29, 2013 at 8:18 pm

3. Korialstraz

You should try it, it has a cool hero developement system! it adds something fresh to the moba scene, isnt just another Dota clon, so if ure searching for a new game this is the one ill personally recommend

July 30, 2013 at 7:41 pm
    Tim McDonald

I’ve juuuust finished downloading it. Will give it a whirl soon.

July 30, 2013 at 8:23 pm

5. Crazed

Prime world may appear a bit confusing at first, but it can easily become enthralling in mere moments of gameplay with a sense of purpose as your heroes become stronger and are in term fitted with better talents. Take my word for it, Prime World is worth checking, delivering nice gameplay combined with a lush graphic design and an extremely nice back story.

August 6, 2013 at 8:12 pm

6. Cyberwalker

This game is amazing! Everyone should at least give it a try for a brand new take on Moba games. If you like to play LoL, Dota 2, HoN or Smite give this game a try!

August 7, 2013 at 2:06 am

7. Ser Varnell

Great game here, I used to play Dota but this game stole my favor, it has even more depth; never a bad thing!

August 10, 2013 at 12:34 am