Star Citizen raises $11 million – New stretch goals added and media released
RSI reached another huge milestone this evening reaching over £11 million in crowd funding since Star Citizen was announced, which as far as we’re aware is a record.
Today the development team are also taking part in a live stream event which runs for 24 hours which will give fans a good look behind the scenes at what goes on at Cloud Imperium.
In related news, Cloud Imperium also revealed the new Avenger ship and announced new stretch goals for supporters which are now as follows:
- Move Wingman out of the basement! Move CIG Austin to a larger facility that will support expanded development. More room for employees means more man hours spend developing the game.
- Build professional sound studios. We’ll move Star Citizen’s sound production from a home office to high tech facilities that will give us access to cutting edge sound effects and Hollywood voice talent!
- Oculus Rift support for the Hangar Module.
- Additional flyable ship class: destroyer
- Command and Control Center – Supervise the battle from the deck of your Idris or Destroyer (class TBA) with advanced C&C packages that allow you to tie all of your ships together and assume central command from the 3rd seat
The Vanduul Tiber System was also unlocked along with a video with Lead Visual Officer, Chris Olivia, showing the creation of the Vanduul race.
The flurry of updates continued this evening with the release of a new video showing the creation of the Origin 300i spaceship and shots of the Avenger.
Star Citizen appears to be going from strength to strength as the money keeps rolling in and proves that PC gamers have been waiting for a new space epic for some time.