Limited Battlefield 4 alpha test getting underway
EA and DICE are to get alpha testing started for Battlefield 4 as soon as tomorrow according to emails that have started to appear in mail boxes today.
The alpha test will be pretty limited and if no invite arrives in your mail in the next 24 hours then don’t expect to get one. As with any alpha test the game will be pretty rough with incomplete textures and more bugs than an ant hill.
According to Mp1st the trial is expected to last for two weeks and has been launched to test server related issues.
A list of system specs for the alpha have also surfaced and these at least gives you a rough idea of what DICE are aiming for.
- OS: Vista SP2, Win7 (Win8 not supported)
- 64 bit (32 bit not supported)
- Dx10 or Dx 11 GPU with 1+GB of RAM, Dx 11 highly recommended
- 25GB HDD free space required
- Latest Origin version required
If you don’t get one of the special emails then don’t worry, there’s always the beta test.