Drox Operative’s universe will expand with Invasion of the Ancients
Excellent space-based, action-RPG Drox Operative will be getting an expansion called Invasion of the Ancients sometime during the third quarter of 2013 (I’m pretty sure that means July-September,) according to developers Soldak Entertainment.
The Ancients are an old foe of the original Drox, now returning to seek revenge on their Operatives. In this add-on, your task will be to defend the Drox Operative Guild (and the younger races of the galaxy) against this new threat.
Feature-wise, this is what you’re looking at:
- Defend against ancient race invasions
- Destroy or defend space stations (military and production)
- Guide the evolution of persistent galaxies
- Design components with socketable chips
- Play as or against the new race, the Scavenger
- Battle new Talon, Legion, and Overlord monsters
- Solve new quests and equip new components
You can read more about Drox Operative, sample a demo, or pick the full game up for $20 USD at the game’s official site.