Diablo 3 Podcast Special – The first year of Diablo 3 part three
Our first anniversary Diablo 3 podcast series continues today with part three in which the team sit down to discuss the game’s patches and difficulty nerfs. There’s been quite a few patches since launch, some of which have been excellent for the game and others not so much.
The show schedule run as follows:
- 0:20 — Recent play adventures. Xanth’s , and more.
- 4:45 — Diablo 3 patches relived. Many nerfs over time have made the game much easier and much more fun, showing the lie of our pre-game “we want it harder” claims.
- Patch 1.0.3, June 19, 2012. Huge reductions in gem upgrade prices and Inferno-nerfed by huge boosts to the odds of high level items dropping.
- Patch 1.0.4, August 21, 2012. Paragon system, skill tweaks, lots of inferno nerfs. Also,sparkles added to Legendaries! (That video is guaranteed to amaze in retrosepct.)
- Patch 1.0.5, October 16th. Tons of skill changes/buffs, big Inferno nerf, Monster Power and Infernal Machine enabled.
- 22:00 — Mage issues. Flux explains why he regrettably has no use for the Diablo III Wizard, after mages were amongst his fave classes in previous Diablo titles.
- 25:50 — Vote kick fixed and useful crafting (that worked like crafting did during the beta) reintroduced. More patch coverage!
- 30:50 — We’ve got at least a year until D3X; what can we look forward to before then? Will we ever again see new content in a patch?
- 35:20 — Whimsyshire! Memories of Diablo III’s secret level.
Related to this story
- IncGamers Podcast #180 10/9/14
- Blizzard removes cheesy XP quests from Diablo 3 Seasons 04/9/14
- IncGamers Podcast #179 02/9/14